Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/28/2003 6:50:16 PM EDT
I went to the range today, (In CA mind you) and there were like 10 people with AR's and like 12 people with folding stock Ruger Mini 14's. I WANT ONE SOOOO BAD!! AHHHH, I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL AND JOIN THE USMC!! Sorry about my yelling, but it hurts me to see all those awsome rifles and not have any for myself. :(
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
could they may have been pinned folding stocks?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
You can have a folding stock on the Mini 14 legally... unless it's different in CA
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#3]
hickboy, what part of Ca. are you in?

It's funny, some areas of Ca. have VERY high saturation levels of AR15s and it's a common site.

The only thing that causes me to draw looks from others when I'm at the range is my accurized AR15 or the fact that I'll typically have 4 of the things with me at the range.    One moment they'll see me shooting a little carbine then the next time they look they see a 20inch AR15 and then they'll see the 24inch bull barreled gun.    A couple people at the range with an AR15 is no biggie but one person with 50% of the AR15s ont he range typically draws some attention :)

Here in Kern County there is a pretty strong presence of action rifle and IPSC shooters too, every weekend you can find atleast a few of those guys at the range.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
move to a free state and buy one!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:09:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I am in Cali, I have two AR's, 1 Bushmaster & 1 DPMS.  I also have a MAk-90.  I love going to the range and showing my guns off.  I do have to agree, the democRATS screwed this state up....
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:49:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Why in the hell would you go into the marines to get a gun? They aren't going to let you keep it. I'm in the middle east right now and I've been here since the beginning of March. I haven't touched a gun since I've been here. I'm in the air force, but still. Just save up and buy one. My grandma and my cousin were both in the marines and hated every moment of it. Go in the army or air force.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:12:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Joining the Marines so you can shoot a gun is like becoming a cop so you can drive a car.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I like being a well armed, patriotic and conservative republican citizen with strong passion for hot ladies and black rifles...

I grew up in the USMC (ol man flew jets)...there's a lot of stuff the commercials don't tell you.  It's a noble career no doubt, but it's not glamerous in the least.

If you're thinking military, then high fives to ya, but do it for the right reasons, not just to live like GI Joe with the swivel arm battle grip.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top