Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/28/2003 5:30:17 PM EDT
Years ago I found an old Colt slick side small hole upper receiver, sent it to Mac's gunkote.
It sat for years until today.

I went to the gunshow and got a new Bushmaster 16"LW flat-top upper.
I swapped out the flat-top for the old Colt.
Note lack of forward assist.
According to My wife's scale, it's 5.64 Lbs. empty.

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a sweet light weight!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice, I have an old Colt A1 upper I've been saving for the exact same project.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Most Excellent Rifle !!

I've been thinking about doing exactly the same thing myself.  It really helps when someone shows you the finished product.  Thanks for the Pic, and enjoy your rifle.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#4]
NICE!
Looks really good!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:13:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice.

I sold my CAR15 when the ban hit, got an offer I could not refuse. Still miss it, I am all about light AR's. I have a Colt 1/7 pencil but the only slick side uppers I have found are AF M16 and I hate to take one of those apart.

Mack
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#6]
That's funny, the Colt lower looks purple, and the Bushmasher upper looks black. It's usually the other way around.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's funny, the Colt lower looks purple, and the Bushmasher upper looks black. It's usually the other way around.
View Quote

The lower is a pre-ban Bushmaster.
The upper is an early Colt that was gun-koted.
The barrel is Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#8]
COOLNESS I LOVE THE A1 UPPERS!! Mine have the forward assist! I have shot over 1000rds and have never ever used the Forward assist?

Does anyone make a carry handle A1 Slick side?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Bushmaster still carries the A1 upper (really C7) with forward assist and brass deflector. I know that doesn't answer your question FMJ. My question is similar to yours - where to find A1 upper w/o brass deflector? Any ideas?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bushmaster still carries the A1 upper (really C7) with forward assist and brass deflector. I know that doesn't answer your question FMJ. My question is similar to yours - where to find A1 upper w/o brass deflector? Any ideas?
View Quote

Brownells shows one made by DPMS. It's in the catalog, but not the website. might be OOS.

Look around, gunshows and Equipment Exchange.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top