Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/27/2003 3:09:12 PM EDT
Okay, I'm not overly familiar with AR15s.  Is there a website that will explain things like what an AR15 A2 model is and looks like, or "H Bar" or other things like that?  

I'd like to pick one up (someday) but would like to know which type would suit me best.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, what kind of shooting are you looknig to do? What is your budget? Are you physically well built?

Answer these, and I'll give ya' my $0.02. But you gotta trust me - my $0.02 is usually good... : P
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Try this
[url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/ar15faq.msnw[/url]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The AR-15 is unique in the fact that it can be configured to
suit the shooters needs, wants, physical size,
caliber, scope, ect.

You can literally have anything you want.
Just decide what you want and take it from there.

AS far as a website to answer your questions,
you have already found it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The Maryland AR-15 shooters site is awesome, a must for any AR enthusiast. Another site with some "primer" information might be:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/content/docs/primer/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the links, they were very helpful!  

The shooting:  I'm looking for a good SHTF rifle as well as plinking, shooting vermin, etc.

The budget:  We'll I'd like a pre-ban so I'm planning on getting close to $2k, but hopefully it may be less if the AWB sunsets.  (also, if I were to buy a post-ban, and the AWB sunsets, I'd be able to add pre-ban features to it, right?)

My build:  Well let's just say that I'm going back to the gym (lifting and cardio) to build muscle mass and drop the bodyfat.  So I'm a little large now, but hopefully not for long.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm an optimist. I'd say get a posty, and use the money you save for accessories, mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree, bullets and mags bullets and mags
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top