Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2003 6:57:15 PM EDT
Any opinions on the Bushmaster Bullpup, I saw it in the shop this evening, thought it might be a nice addition, any advice?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Any AR clip works in it, red dot type sights work great on them. They work and function great better than some AR's eats Wolf ammo with no problems. Very simple operation. how much did the shop want for it ?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
They wanted $705. , plus 10% off on all new guns, sound good?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#3]
They work fine. Do a search on the topic cause they have been discussed for years.

In a nutshell:

1. Long barrel in short gun
2. Cleaner/newer action design than AR
3. Trigger jobs available for smoother pull
4. Use AR mags
5. Great balance

But

6. Releases gas right under your nose
7. Handguard gets very warm (cause it works)

The price sounds good. I've had one for a few years and no problems. Very fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I know I want one. Been looking at Kurts custom fire arms. he does some aftermarket stuff the helps on the heating. I would like the rail on it so I can put a Red dot on it. and a Trigger job would be nice.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:13:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I pick one up a month or 2 ago and they are fun and work great.  Like above check out what Kurt can do with them.  The manual doesnt give you much in the cleaning department as bushmaster says not to take the bolt carrier apart.  I guess they feel with a piston operation its not required.  The handguard does get warm/hot as you go throught mags as it is all aluminum.  Kurt said he is working on something for this.  

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:37:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:40:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Heck, for $750 + shipping you can have mine!

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/047710.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:15:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought bushmaster said you werent supposed to add anything on the end of the barrel
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:31:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Heck, for $750 + shipping you can have mine!

[url]http://www.hunt101.com/img/047710.JPG[/url]
View Quote

You have an PM.  Thanks...

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#10]
oooooooh,oooooh .............see my tag line...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I thought bushmaster said you werent supposed to add anything on the end of the barrel
View Quote

The barrel of the post ban M17S is threaded and comes with two 1/2-28 lock nuts on it with a healthy dollop of LocTite.  Don't ask me how that is legal from a strict interpretation of the AWB, but I figured a fake flash hider wasn't any worse.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The barrel of the post ban M17S is threaded and comes with two 1/2-28 lock nuts on it with a healthy dollop of LocTite.  Don't ask me how that is legal from a strict interpretation of the AWB, but I figured a fake flash hider wasn't any worse.
View Quote

I think the key here is this statement
"a threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor"

It a very grey area, I guess if it was a real problem the ATF would have had a little chat with bushmaster by now...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top