Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 6:46:32 AM EDT
What is it and is it legal? I have seen them for sale on guns america.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:50:17 AM EDT
[#1]
gungoat,

you can take whatever answer you get here or you might consider posting your question in the Legal Forum and be more sure of getting the correct answer.

5sub
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Look through the full auto forum also, it has been discussed numerous times there.  Short answer = dont bother.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#3]
A short ticket to the Federal Pokey!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know now, I'm liking the answers given here !!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#5]
If it doesn't transfer on a Form 4 it is useless.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#6]

[url]www.quarterbore.com/nfa/dias.html[/url]

Explains it pretty thoroughly.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#7]
with the feds now going through sales records, picking up parts kit.........I wouldn't want to be on someone's sales record as buying one of these, not that I would.....I kinda like not being caged up.  I can pull the trigger fast enough to mimic auto.

I'm just wondering if you bought a legal registered auto sear for like 3 grand or so, did the paperwork.....would you still have to be in compliance with the 94 bill? seeing it's a NFA.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm just wondering if you bought a legal registered auto sear for like 3 grand or so, did the paperwork.....would you still have to be in compliance with the 94 bill? seeing it's a NFA.
View Quote

If you bought a RDIAS for 3 grand, I would like to know if the seller has anymore, or if you would like to sell it to me for 4 grand, and make an instant 1K profit.

Seriously, the 94 law deals with semi-auto weapons, so an AR15 with a sear in it can do its own thing.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#9]
RDIAS's go for around 5k and are accompanied by ATF paper work and I believe a couple hundred dollars.  If your state allows full auto, then you can get one of these and put it in your rifle after a few months wait from the ATF.  You would probably be better off just purchasing a full auto M16 if you can find one, then shoot it for a couple years and sell it.  The appreciation rate on them is staggering, and would probably double in value after 5-7 years.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
RDIAS's go for around 5k and are accompanied by ATF paper work and I believe a couple hundred dollars.  If your state allows full auto, then you can get one of these and put it in your rifle after a few months wait from the ATF.  You would probably be better off just purchasing a full auto M16 if you can find one, then shoot it for a couple years and sell it.  The appreciation rate on them is staggering, and would probably double in value after 5-7 years.
View Quote

Actually the price on registered DIAS's (the one's that won't buy you a 10 year prison sentence) are up in the $8,000 range.  Some people have been asking over $10,000 for theirs, and with the scarcity in the market and the Shrike, they're probably getting it.

As for the unregistered ones, you are asking for trouble.  Big trouble.  If you think $8,000 to $10,000 is expensive, try hiring a lawyer to try and keep you out of prison if you get caught.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you for your prompt answers. I figured these were bait for the feds. I will stay away from them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top