Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/25/2003 5:04:40 AM EDT
I dunno guys.  It seems like every time I pay off my credit card statement, all I have to do is walk back into the gun store and puff....the credit card is back up again!!!I just can't controll my self.  How mny of you guys get yourself ino the red each month with the addiction? Maybe I need credit couselling?  I ordered a AR10A4, and after seeing the ar15dotcom carbine, I think I eed one of those as well.  When does it end?!?!  When I get the Barrett 82A1 or the MG?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:05:28 AM EDT
[#1]
No Debt !!!!!! Just Broke !!!!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:25:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I dunno guys.  It seems like every time I pay off my credit card statement, all I have to do is walk back into the gun store and puff....the credit card is back up again!!!I just can't controll my self.  How mny of you guys get yourself ino the red each month with the addiction? Maybe I need credit couselling?  I ordered a AR10A4, and after seeing the ar15dotcom carbine, I think I eed one of those as well.  [red]When does it end?!?!  When I get the Barrett 82A1 or the MG?[/red]
View Quote

Maybe.  I'll let you know after I get my Barrett M82A1.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:31:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, I'm glad I'm not the only one looking into getting a Barrett!!! ;)

A year or so ago I made a list of stuff to get.  And I thought... with X-thousand dollars I'm all set.

Now I've gotten a bunch of stuff on my list... but my list is even bigger and more expensive than it was before.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey, I'm glad I'm not the only one looking into getting a Barrett!!! ;)

A year or so ago I made a list of stuff to get.  And I thought... with X-thousand dollars I'm all set.

[red]Now I've gotten a bunch of stuff on my list... but my list is even bigger and more expensive than it was before.[/red]

View Quote

My list seems like it expands monthly[shock]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Not really in debt, broke yeah, and staying that way.  RRA from Pete in a week.  Next month DSA Fal.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in debt on my firearm credit card; its the one I only buy guns on.  I have a nice chunk of change to pay them, but hey, at least I have the guns.  [8D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#7]
There is no cure for BRD, you will continue buying these rifles until you die. If you have children, they will continue buying in your wake. (assuming they still can purchase these beautiful shooting machines)
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Now if I move to an enlightened state where I can have Class 3, I will be in big trouble! [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Not quite in debt, but always broke due to the Black Rifle sickness...

Between the Bushmaster and Midway websites I spent $278 on more AR madness not 5 minutes ago... It'll never end, the money comes in and the money goes out... whatever's left I use for food...  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#10]
If it's a disease, shouldn't insurance cover it?  I think I'll submit the Barrett bill to Blue Cross and see what they say.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I went through a REAL bad 2 years while trying to buy all that I could before the Ca. assault weapons ban got inacted.

Racing against legislation that's sure to pass, holy **** does that ever rip you a new one.

I've gotten better so that now I only whip out the credit card and willfully go into debt when I see something that is on the cannot do without list.    Mainly 20-30+ year old classic blued S&W revolvers or anything that falls into the "steal" category due to being priced so low.

Right now the list includes a S&W Model 24-2, Model 28-2, Model 57, Model 610, Model 29-2, and if I can find one a Model 25-2 or 26 "Target Model" 45ACP.   The one I'm kicking myself for is a OLD Model 53 22Rem Jet that was selling in pristine condition for 600, low and behold when I went to research it and returned to purchase it the thing was gone.   POOF, gun easily worth 900 dollars was gone in a flash.

I am certain if I was in a "free" state that I would still be very much addicted to the black rifle desease.   As of now though, I find myself in a bit of a dry slump where I'm lucky if I can find 1 or 2 guns a year that I just HAVE to buy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I spent quite a few thousands of dollars in the last couple of years on firearms, ammo, and firearm accessories to the point I was slightly in debt.
I've relaxed on buying anymore firearms for awhile and just buy ammo.
There are a couple more rifles out there that I really do want, but my budget say's "NO!"

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Ah.... many have gone to great lengths for their hobby....

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I have an extremely good summer job with a great hourly rate and all the overtime I want.  I've been working for seven weeks and I'm just about to get out of debt!  My RRA and the Aimpoint that should arrive next week are considerable contributing factors [:)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#15]
My list never seems to end,its been that way for 10 years every time I think im done something or some part or upgrade seems to go back on it is there some kind of like assault rifles anonymous or something,I think I need help,except having a 12 step program would turn into the 12 things I need to upgrade my weapons system.[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#16]
The scary part is,sure Black Rifles get us off now, but what's next? Fully auto .50's? Then what? Next thing you know your developing small nuclear devices just for kicks.

Tom  
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Debt... it's what's for dinner... want fries with that?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn credit card.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:58:57 PM EDT
[#19]
My black rifle addiction is small time $$ compared to my 12 month marriage and 8 month divorce.  

"Tonight you will sleep with you rifle and you will give it a girls name."  
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My black rifle addiction is small time $$ compared to my 12 month marriage and 8 month divorce.  

View Quote

Shit son, every one of my girls has a name...  otherwise it feels so cheap to fondle them as I do...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Whooo... Thank God Juggernaut moved out last year and got a job and Apt at least 3 hours from here.  For a couple of years we were in a father-son race to see who would get the next best thing.  We must have gotten an AR a month between the two of us. him one month and me the next.  My wife was very supportive of our purchases, since we always told her what a "great deal" we got. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#22]
the only thing that seperates men from boys is the price of their toys...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#23]
[stick]
But it's worth it!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks guys I don't feel so dirty anymore for using my plastic.  I'm going right out and buy a new AR on my plastic.  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I had to slow down. Not that the new wife(With the CC dept she brought into the family) or My son Little Twogun, but I cant't work over time due to an illness.  My OT is $50 per hour, and always worked 20 to 60 hours a month depending on what I bought the month before.  How is this for an illness: I can't see out of my right eye.  I have to start shooting Lefty now.  I guess I won't buy that Bushmaster BULLPUP. WE all have that need to spend for those great toys we WANT.  YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#26]
[peep]<----- me pretending I am not in debt.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#27]
We start our own support group! I'm afraid all we would do would be to encourage each other to BUY MORE 'cause it feels GOOD!! YEAH!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't go into debt - just hoard cash until I can afford the next one!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Your not the only one either.  Luckily I have slowed down and buy ammo now.  I have been thinking about an AR10........

Max
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No Debt !!!!!! Just Broke !!!!!
View Quote

me too...smart enough not to have any credit cards...but ask me how much of my unemployment over the last 3 weeks has gone to AR related stuff lol.  Oh, BTW, I'm back to the ranks of the employed starting July 22.  Yippee!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have been thinking about an AR10........

Max
View Quote

Me too.  I already have three and I haven't shot any of them yet, but what the hell.  I don't have one with a bead-blasted barrel or a quad rail or any of the other special features on the current SEBR offerings.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I dunno guys.  It seems like every time I pay off my credit card statement, all I have to do is walk back into the gun store and puff....the credit card is back up again!!!I just can't controll my self.  How mny of you guys get yourself ino the red each month with the addiction? Maybe I need credit couselling?  I ordered a AR10A4, and after seeing the ar15dotcom carbine, I think I eed one of those as well.  When does it end?!?!  [b]When I get the Barrett 82A1 or the MG?[/b]
View Quote

Nope.... The 82A1 just eats alot of ammo...
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#33]
I started off this year with a plan to buy a .270 or 30-06 wood and blued steel hunting rifle with my $800 tax return. After searching the web looking for information on which rifle was dependable and accurate, I've been distracted bought a S&W .357revolver, a Savage .308 tactical rifle with a McMillan stock, and I just sent off the papper work and money order for a Mega lower to start off my first AR project.  I have to admit, $1700 later, I've caught the disease.  The credit card application that come in the mail are starting to tempt me.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't know if I am debt because of Black Rifle disease - more like Green rifle disease.
[img]http://www.combatcoat.com/images/Weapons/Mark's%20Stevens%20with%20flutes,%20ports%20and%20painted%20scope%20005.jpg[/img]

This one has set me back about $3600.00 - and that's at MY cost. I figure if I had to buy everything withoug being a dealer, the price would be up to about $4400.00. Then the cost of the reloading equipment (there is no point in having such a high performer if you are going to shoot factory ammo for slop shots), at about $600.00 and each time I fire the thing it costs about $2.00 plus the whole day it takes to make about 50 precision rounds.

My AR doesn't cost me as much, thankfully...

But brother, I know where you are at.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#35]
I put a RDIAS on a credit card.

That's okay, right?

I can quit any time I want!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Debt, divorce, whatever, I'm  
gonna have a great collection!!!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Shit son, every one of my girls has a name...  otherwise it feels so cheap to fondle them as I do...
View Quote
[ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL] 3 vices...girls..guns..computers...
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#38]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/050674.jpg[/img]
Broke, but well armed.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top