Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/24/2003 6:10:56 PM EDT
I bought a Colt removable carry handle, and from what I have heard, it is not possible to use optic mounts on these handles, but mine has a hold in the middle that appears would fit with a mount (ex: ARMS #39). Is this rare? Or do all removable carry handles have this hole?
Pics if requested.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#1]
hole is for an ACOG or an above the handle scope mount.

don;t think #39 will fit on the detach carry handle, just the regular a2. could be wrong.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#2]
About as rare as screw drivers in the hardware store. There are millions of carry solid handle M16A1 rifles out there in the world, and many tens of thousands have been deployed with all kinds of optics in them with great success. The detach handle made for M4 rifles was a dumb idea, since the carry handle was removed in the first place to get optic's down lower, especialy NV. Your handle will be able to hold an optic direct or via off of a dovetail mount for QD ability and repeat zero on and off. However to put it back on the flat top in my opinion is going backwards. I think the #39 was made for the solid carry handle A1/2 for which you can't remove the handle.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
does this not count as a removeable carry handel with a optic??

[img]http://pimpcat.myftp.org/optic.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The problem isn't mounting optics, its the iron sights that are a different height, and it's only the Colt M4 carry handle thats screwed. The regular Colt A3 carbine handles, and A4 rifle handles are the same as the other companies. My Colt handle came from a 6400C carbine, and it has the same [url=forgings.com]Anchor Harvey[/url] forge and batch codes as my Bushmaster and "JT Distributing" handles.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bought a Colt removable carry handle, and from what I have heard, it is not possible to use optic mounts on these handles, but mine has a hold in the middle that appears would fit with a mount (ex: ARMS #39). Is this rare? Or do all removable carry handles have this hole?
Pics if requested.
Thanks
View Quote

Normal. You can put a #2 on the handle. #39 wont fit.
GG
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top