Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2003 1:53:22 PM EDT
I need another Pre Ban Bushmaster Lower or complete rifle.

Would I be able to get a Better Deal at a local Gun Show than the Crazy Prices on the Internet?

Or is it all the same?

What Ya Think ? Thanks..
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You gotta be nuts to buy a preban right before the ban is funna expire.

Haven't you seen all the buttholes trying to unload preban shit lately.  They know it won't bet worth jack shit in a year.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#2]
mark is right, just wait till next September
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The Ban is Not Going anywhere and you guys are crazy if you think they are just going to forget about !!!!!!

The Ban is here to stay, Let's just hope it does not get worst !!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes wait wait my son till after the ban becomes permanant then pay double what you will pay now.

Are you a betting man. If so you gonna bet that your trusting government is gonna let you have your assault weapons back or do you think your friendly jack-boot will more likely add even more guns to the ban list?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
David knows what time it is !!!! [bounce]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#6]
It's your money. I've only seen prices go up lately. I haven't seen any bushies. I saw an SP1 for 1200, but I saw another for 1800. The colt a2s I've seen have been north of 1800. Personally, I'd wait, I'd only pick up another pre-ban, myself, if I found a green label for under 1500. But, I'm not looking for trouble. It would have to be a spontaneous buy.
I'm waiting, cuz the ban will go away period. It may be replaced, but I don't think that will happen. I can't see the price doubling if it does. There will be no difference in supply, or demand, unless a lot of people are like me and holding off. I think a lot of people who have them for sale now, are just trying to cash in their "futures" before the price falls.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#7]
The ban [b]IS[/b] going away.  PERIOD.  Renewal is not even up for discussion.  Did I miss something since Delay (sp.) made that clear???

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]

I saw one saturday morning at [url=http://www.davissport.com]Davis Sport Shop[/url] around here. Pre-ban Bushy A2 HBAR carbine. $1500 was the price on the tag.

I was seriously tempted...but 1500's a little much for me to pay for instant gratification (even though the thing looked externally %99+).

Give a call, maybe they still got it, if you want it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#9]
To get back to your original question, the only good deals at gun shows I have ever seen are people walking around with private sales. Everything on tables is insanely overpriced, so when you feel good about talking them down 10%, they still make a 40% profit. I hope it's just the gun shows here (WI), but I have been to a few in MI, and they were just as outrageous.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll go along with that notion...in CT the gunshows generally suck for prices, even on ammo!  In Vegas I've had better luck, but still not the best deals I've seen.  Just my .02
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#11]
You might want to check out local gunshops for consignment weapons.  I got both of mine that way.  a Bushy and an Eagle arms.  both confirmed by their respective company.  I paid 995. for each and one even came with an ACOG!!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Man, gunshows are for rubes who don't know how to use the internet.  I hear people talk about cheap ammo being available at them but [b]I[/b] haven't seen it, unless you count Reloads by Clem.  My Bushy preban was found fair and square on the web for an excellent price and shipped to my FFL.  Done.  If you do buy a 'preban' at a show make sure it really is one and not just a postban fitted out with preban features before you post money on it.  Caveat emptor!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:58:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Even if the ban should go away, your pre-ban receivers will still have value if you sell them to New Yorkers.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:34:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The ban [b]IS[/b] going away.  PERIOD.  Renewal is not even up for discussion.  Did I miss something since Delay (sp.) made that clear???
View Quote

Don't be naive about this and don't stop working to make it go away. The Senate is not nearly as friendly to us as DeLay is. The Senate is working on this right now and very well may pass it. Then it goes to the House and somewhere a committee of damnocrats and fake republicans get it tacked onto an absolutely must pass and must be signed bill.

Now the house has to pass it because of the legislation it is piggybacked with and Bush has shot himself and us in the foot by saying he won't oppose it. That's good politics for him to sound like he's all for saving the children and the rain forest but now it's on a bill he absolutely must sign so he can't get out of it even if he was inclined to.

There you have your new AWB which is at least as bad as the current one and most likely worse since the Senate version in the works names dozens more weapons by name and generally takes everything away.

SO ANYONE THINKING THIS THING AUTOMATICALLY GOES AWAY AND NOT KEEPING THE PRESSURE UP ON THEIR CONGRESSMAN AND SENATOR IS BEING A MORON AND LETTING THEMSELVES AND THE REST OF US DOWN!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#15]
The Ban Is Here to Stay !!!!!

Anyone that thinks it is just going to Go Away while everyone is sleeping
must be living in some thrid world country  somewhere !!!

Get a grip on it !!!! The Ban will only get worst and is not going anywhere !!!!

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:51:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Don't be naive about this and don't stop working to make it go away. The Senate is not nearly as friendly to us as DeLay is. The Senate is working on this right now and very well may pass it. Then it goes to the House and somewhere a committee of damnocrats and fake republicans get it tacked onto an absolutely must pass and must be signed bill.
View Quote

The ban as standalone legislation has no chance of passage. None. Nada. Zilch.

The Anti-Gunners know this. So they are going to try to attach it to some must-pass bill. Probably in the dead of night, or right after a school shooting.

Remember, the MG ban in 1986 did not pass on its own either, it was attach to some MUST-PASS legislation too.

We must not let down. We can win, by we must fight to the last day.

And be sure, it will be re-introduced if it doesn't pass. The Brady bill was introduced SIX times  and shot down FIVE. But the sixth one passed, and now it is law.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought a pre-ban COLT SP-1 AR15 at a gunshow for $935 a few years ago.
The deals are out there, you just have to look.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#19]
The ban is going away.  Even the Liberal media hasn't tried to spin this thing into motion.  It's over, Johnny...  It's over.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#20]
IMHO, the internet would probably be better.  You can occasionally find a deal at a gun show, but not often.  (I did; got an NIB M4 Bushie for $775 a few months ago.)  

Also, think twice about buying off of the auction sites (Gun Broker, etc.)   After you pay for the rifle (assuming it wasn't overpriced to begin with), add shipping and FFL fees; that great deal you got isn't so great any more.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top