Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 6:29:33 AM EDT
I have an A2 CAR and am trying to install an ATN sight. Mounting the sight on the handle is too high, and the forward mount (like tha ARMS 39A2, but not an ARMS) still mounts it too high to cowitness the irons, plus the housing blocks the irons. Does anyone have any experience with the Badger or Guardian handguards that have Weaver rails on them? Any problems with mounting optics to them? Can they be installed without removing the front sight? Thanks...
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I would never mount optics to the handguard.  If you've ever noticed handguards do move a little so your zero would be hard to maintain.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey KOKE I have m44 handguards from First Samco and I was wondering about the same thing not so  much to mount anything but where is their breaking point ?? So dug out a couple of old scope rings and really torqued them down they held very well only a minor flat where they made contact with the rail I'd say no more than with aluminum rail. I went to the range the other and tried to burn them off of my barrel but they withstood the 60 round torture test, which is no real torture but I figured something plastic and only cost $100.00 would certainly only be for show but as hot as my upper got the m44's maintained . I only have a M3 light under in front of the forward grip which is why I got them I dont know what Badger Ordnances' look like but the First Samco have  very interesting lines to them .Hey we're in the Twentieth century maybe we'll have to realize if it can make it to Mars there is little damage we can do to it !!    
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top