Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 9:07:06 AM EDT
I just recently got my first AR. I havent even shot it yet. As I am  noob to the menacing Black Rifle (altho I do have a very nice little AK clone) , I was wanting to get some opinion on what I just got.  I have an Oly pcr-02 lower mated to a Wilson super Sniper Upper 20" (ss bull with aluminum handguards). Is there anything special I need to get or do to it while I am waiting on my Bolt assembly from Wilson. I know I need all the ammo I can get cos I learned that from my AK, also I have already gotten a scope and a Harris bipod.
I also wanted to know, if anyone knows anything about Olys, why is my lower receiver stampings colored in ? I havent seen any other Olys like this and was wondering if someone customized it themselves or maybe had it done or if it came from factory like this. Thanks in advance for any help !
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#1]
uh..the best response on the OLY lower will be to post pics if possible..i have a OLY lower on my built AR and it is fine,,i think Bushy is alil better trigger and smoother, jus IMO, sounds like your AR will be a good long distance shooter,,find out what twist rate the barrel is and get sum nice AMMO (not surplus) and do sum long shots, surplus will be good for plinking too..
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#2]
[b] Welcome to the board [wave] Nice choice in the upper. I don't know much about Oly stuff so can't help you there. Good luck with it.

SaFe ShOoTiNg
Jerry [):)] [/b]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

...............find out what twist rate the barrel is and get sum nice AMMO (not surplus) and do sum long shots........

View Quote

Good advice.

(Maybe start at 100 yds to see what accuracy you get and then move out to longer distances.)
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#4]
[):)]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi and welcome to AR15.com's boards.

My boy, you have come to the right place. AR15.com is to the world of black rifles what the pits at NASCAR are to the auto racing world.

If you explore this site often, I can almost promise you, it will make you a better shooter.

Try and post us some pics of your rig.

By the way, prepare to spend money, because if you hang out here long, you will find that one AR, will no longer satisfy your addiction. before you know it youl be building yourself an SPR. and sending off $$$ to every gun parts dealer on earth for god knows what new accessory.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top