Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/21/2003 5:30:55 PM EDT
Has anyone played the Army operations video game?  It's actually one of the more realistic games out there.  You do need a pretty suuped-up computer to play it though.  I've had a blast and the weapons and techniques are very realistic down to the M16 jam clearing as well as reloading techniques.  Just interested if anyone else has tried it and what they think of it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to play it. I think my computer can't hang. People killed me before I was capable of seeing them. Even as I played I did get better and had a lot of kills, I still would die all the time. Very cool game but the fun definatly wore off for me. I like to play Medal of Honor.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
i love Army Ops, play it all the time, my name there is Absolut3 , im me if you wanna play sometime
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#3]
i had it but my comp wouldnt let me play it. so i gave it away. now i play a game called delta force black hawk down. its a war game. it has car-15 and m16 in it
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#4]
im a beta tester for Americas Army.  I play it everyday.  It is a little demanding on the computer.  Still the most acturate Military game you will find.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I play regularly, as do a few others. You guys should be sure to check out the gaming forum, which is where this game usually ges discussed.

Look for me as [Sith]TurboDog.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:20:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, it is quite a good game!  My screenname is DaPlaya and I love Insurgent Camp and Radio Tower.  I'll be sure to IM ya'll if I get the chance to play.  Since we in the northeast have been pummelled with rain for the last 8 or more weekends and I haven't gotten out except once in those 8 weeks to really shoot, AO is the best alternative.  Besides there is definitely a rush where taking out terrorists is concerned!!! [headbang]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#7]
is there a link where you can download this game?....Jason
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:55:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
is there a link where you can download this game?....Jason
View Quote

[url]www.AmericasArmy.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Roger Roger. Anyone who loves 1st Person Shooters should check out America's Army.

The best thing about this game?

Teamwork IS the key.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#10]
[AOE]GulfCavVet

See you on!

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I think I may download this.

I bought Medal of Honor Allied Assault a couple weeks ago and just finished it last night. Got it on sale at Costco and I am REALLY glad I didn't pay full price.

The graphics were beautiful. But the gameplay SUCKED. It was nothing more than Doom/Quake with new graphics. You were trapped taking only the routes THEY wanted you to take. No cutting corners. Delta Force/DF Land Warrior have much less impressive graphics but at least they allow you to manuver over the whole map and use your own judgement on how to tackle a mission.

And then there were the stages designed for the Nintendo junkies in MOHAA. Racing out of a ship or building before the bombs you planted went of in a few seconds. Having to run around obsticals and get shot at by every german around. All that does is test how well you can move your fingers on the keyboard- and as difficult as it was using keys I got to assume those stages were designed to use a Nintendo style game pad for the controller.

All that instead of letting you just set the time on the bomb when you plant it.[rolleyes]

No I am still searching for the perfect 1st Person shooter game. But I was kind of getting jaded at the DF series. But having played MOHAA I don't think so badly of them. They may not be as pretty to look at but the playability is so MUCH better.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Another thing that makes AO great is IT'S ABSOLUTELY FREE!  That's where the taxpayer's dollars come into play!  Enjoy!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top