Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/21/2003 2:12:48 AM EDT
search the net for ffl and came up with a "ffl kit" being sold for around $23.  Just wondering if anyone has tried to go this route? Just looking for positive or negitive feedback.  The kit takes you through step by step the procedure for getting your ffl........yes I dream of going to a gunshow and handing someone the yellow ATF form and comparing the info with their i.d. and asking, "Is every thing here correct"
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:32:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You can spend $23 or go to the ATF website and request the forms for free. FFL/CR paperwork is NOT that tough to figure out...certainly not tough enough that you would have to pay someone to send a "kit" to you.

If you get stuck on something, hit a forum...there are plenty of FFL Dealers and other knowledgable folks to help you out for FREE ;)
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:10:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Most of the "FFL Kits" contain "secret lists" of distributors or offer lists where to by your books and paperwork.  Trouble is as stated before, you can get most of that free from the ATF and once you get your FFL, most distributors will start sending you stuff anyway....

I was going to get my FFL BHK (Before Herr Klinton) when the application fee was only $30  and it lasted for three years, and you could do it out of your home, not like now where the application fee is $200 anually and you have to have a "place of business".
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#3]
call the atf, they guy i spoke with was great, answered all of my Qs and mailed me a big packet of info and forms. im still waiting for my inspection though
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:47:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Define inspection>>>>>>>>>Background check?  Can place of buisness be from your home? I know the pros but what are the cons?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:57:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Can a dedicated web site be your "place of buisness"?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:36:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I dont know to much about the 01 ffl. last i heard you do need a store front but call your atf for exaxt details, now if your a type 07 ffl you do not need a store front,(the type 07 is for manufacturing but also lets you sell firearms) in order to get the ok for atf they send a compliance officer to check your premise and let you know all the do and dont's
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top