Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 5:07:13 PM EDT
Does anyone out there know how to identify what brand upper receiver you have. Like in the manufactures stampings and location of the stampings on the receiver? I bought a used receiver (was told it was a DPMS) but not sure how to prove it is.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#1]
There are four to five forging contactors that produce the upper receivers. All the AR manufacturer's buy their raw forgings from these contractors, and then do the detail and finish work themselves. So the forging marks will only identify the contractor, and not the "brand".
In the last 6 months, I have seen Bushmaster, DPMS, and Oly upper receivers and Bushmaster, Colt, and "JT Distributing" removable carry handles, all with the [url=fogings.com]Anchor Harvey[/url] "splintered A" forging mark.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#2]
My postban upper bushy has an ordnance bomb stamped where the letter designation would be any idea who made that one?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I checked my upper and it does have the0 " splintered A" cast into the forging just in front of the rear sight. So I can only assume that it's a DPMS.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
One of my Original Pre Ban Bushmaster's have the letters D/A on the upper !!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#5]
My DPMS upper is marked FK.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top