Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/19/2003 4:16:33 PM EDT
I going to buy a two stage trigger for my AR-15,but I'm not sure who makes the best. I've shot an AR with a knights two stage,but thats the only one.I hear jewel makes a good one,but needs constant adj. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The RRA trigger I have works perfectly, feels great, has no adjustments, and is pretty inexpensive. I don't know who makes the BEST of them, but the RRA has to be the best one for the money.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Knight, a Milazzo and a couple of Jewells (triggers I mean)(I have the other kind too)(oh hell, back to the topic).  I think the Milazzo is the best but good luck finding one.

Next is the Knight.  It has a pretty light second stage and I have to think about that on the first round, especially after shooting one of the others.  It is a dandy trigger though.

The Jewell is a darn good trigger too.  I never had a problem with having to "constantly adjust" it.  It has the easiest adjustments for weight, sear engagement and travel of all of them (that I have anyway).
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
My RRA just keeps getting better and better.  Its become smooth as glass after 500 or so rounds.  I can feel no hesitation in it at any point during travel.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an RRA, with the RRA 2-stage trigger...It's what "sold" me the gun, and I would openly recommend the trigger to anyone.[:)]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with Mr RussB wholeheartedly.  I also own a RRA CAR A2M4 and absolutely positively love the trigger.  The trigger is also what sold me on the weapon.  Well, that and the fit and finish.  And the customer support.  And the obvious quality that went into the construction of the weapon.  

But that trigger......OhmyGawd it's nice.

Mike Sigman
[email protected]

PS:  Mr RussB - I grew up in Bloomfield.  Where do you live?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey you guys that own the RRA triggers! Were they gritty in the first stage when you first used it?

The reason that I ask, I hear the RRA is a copy of the Armalite. I just got an Armalite trigger and it is smoothing up in the first stage after dry firing it about 400-500 times.The second stage is damn near perfect.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey you guys that own the RRA triggers! Were they gritty in the first stage when you first used it?
View Quote

It wasnt gritty, but I could definitely feel a small catch between the 1st and 2nd stages.  That has gone away.  Its simply incredible now.  Smooth as glass, light, but with enough travel to be safe yet with a suprise break.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:15:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Wasn't Armalite sued by Milazzo because there trigger was so like his?

Things that make you Hmmmmm.

I might have to try one of thos RRA.

Any body know what J&T sells with there $100 Trigger upgrade?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:42:45 AM EDT
[#9]
If anyone here is considering the RRA trigger Steve @ ADCO has them for $94.44 plus the shipping is only $4.00  Best price I found. Give him the business cause he doesn't rip you off on the shipping charge as other distributors do.

Shabo
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:58:46 AM EDT
[#10]
There must be an echo in here!  My RRA two stage is smooth as glass.  The way I look at it is all you need is equipment that is better than you are.  Once you reach that point, then if you buy better it really does not do you any good.  I got mine from Pete-in-NH.  Fair prices and great customer service.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey thanks for all the replys. I think I'm going to try the RRA trigger first.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
Mine was VERY smooth, right from the get-go; no "gritty" feel, very light first stage, great second stage, crisp let-off...terrific trigger. I got mine from Pete-in-NH (Legal-Transfers on the EE boards here). He's one of those few guys that even after looking HARD, you cannot find a negative comment about.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#13]
OK - ya'll sold me on the RRA ...

went to install it tonight and it looks like the pins are *slightly* larger than the ones in use now

The RRA pins are 0.156"
My Bushy lower has 0.154" pins...

Is that too tight, or do I just "hammer in", oh so gently??
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#14]
So did you get it in, yet? I just put the RRA NM trigger in my Oly earlier. It dropped right in, took about maybe 10-minutes max. I had to tap the pins in, they do fit quite a bit tighter than the stock ones. But, man, is this trigger shweeet!! I've probably dry fired it maybe 50 times and it really does feel like it's starting to smooth out real nice. Hell, at this rate it should be about like butter after a few hundred rounds. Anyway, let us know how you like it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OK - ya'll sold me on the RRA ...

went to install it tonight and it looks like the pins are *slightly* larger than the ones in use now

The RRA pins are 0.156"
My Bushy lower has 0.154" pins...

Is that too tight, or do I just "hammer in", oh so gently??
View Quote

Just make sure that you lube the pins well and you should have no problems.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top