Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/19/2003 10:40:08 AM EDT
Very specific questions:

1)  Does anyone make a heavy buffer for a full length A2 buffer tube?  If so, who? Links?

2)  Will a heavier buffer reduce the cyclic rate?  Not that it matters much on a semi, but want to know.

3)  Will a heavier buffer reduce perceived recoil?

4)  Is a CAR buffer heavier than a standard A2 buffer, if so, how much heavier?

5)  Can you use a CAR buffer in a full length A2 tube?

Thanks,

Ed
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi guy!

Does this involve the .458 SOCOM? [BD]

Dave S
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hi guy!

Does this involve the .458 SOCOM? [BD]

Dave S
View Quote

Indirectly.

It actually is in response to a thread about the Beowulf.  I shot the Beowulf last night and the recoil was sharp, like a .270Win almost...

The 458 SOCOM is a push....witnessed on both LS_VA's and my uppers.

Weird, but my guess is the buffer that ANGST was using was lighter than either LS's or mine and that may have been the difference as the loads were similar.

Otherwise it is general knowledge base stuff for my edification.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Shivan,

I have the Oly pneumatic buffer in my AR.

It is adjustable.

To bad you're in NOVA, I'd let you try it, see if it works for you before you buy one.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Olympic Arms AC4 Pneumatic Recoil Buffer, has reduced the cyclic rate of the military M4 carbine from approx. 620 rpm to 460rpm. It is adjustable and  reduces the recoil as well. They sell for $129.00.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Olympic Arms AC4 Pneumatic Recoil Buffer, has reduced the cyclic rate of the military M4 carbine from approx. 620 rpm to 460rpm. It is adjustable and  reduces the recoil as well. They sell for $129.00.
View Quote

The Olympic Arms AC4 Pneumatic Recoil Buffer buffer is for .223/5.56 calibers only.  A PRI FatBoy carbine gas tube would lessen the recoil as it has a volume equal to a full length gas tube.  I plan to get one for my .458 SOCOM.  I will let you know the results once I have been able to compare the difference.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top