Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/19/2003 8:24:05 AM EDT
OK, all you military experts...would you believe:

1) I'm on active duty, deployed to Iraq, right now?

2) Of the 50+ folks in my unit, some are carrying M16's, Not A1's or A2's.....no forward assist, 3 prong flash hider and triangular handguards?

3) Some of the folks with M16A2's were issued M193 Ball ammo, while others with just plain M16's were issued M855 Ball?

4) Some of the folks were issued M16's with NEW 20rd magazines and green M14 slings?

5) The folks that do have M16A2's are carrying M16's converted to M16A2's with the word AUTO crossed-out with an electric engraver and the word BURST hand-written below?

4) Some members of my squadron are deployed here with no flak vests and no weapons at all?

5) Of course.....numerous units with M60's?

6) With all of these antiquated weapons and gear we were the first regular unit to take over from the Special Forces?

7) I'm a crack-head living a pipe dream?

So, which of these are true or false.....perhaps all, perhaps none!

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
2) Of the 50+ folks in my unit, some are carrying M16's, Not A1's or A2's.....no forward assist, 3 prong flash hider and triangular handguards?

5) The folks that do have M16A2's are carrying M16's converted to M16A2's with the word AUTO crossed-out with an electric engraver and the word BURST hand-written below?
View Quote

Those poor souls aren't being issued M855, are they?  If so, they'll never hit their targets past 75yds or so...

That is assuming the rifles haven't been rebarreled to a 1/7 twist instead of their original 1/12.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:43:52 AM EDT
[#2]
let me guess - you Air Force Security Forces? my unit was packing .38 revolvers until a couple of years ago . still have a lot of the old crap in the armory .... including some m14's they won't let us play with.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Not just SF, all deployed USAF, active duty or otherwise, unless the unit has beauceau funding for new weapons get to use the M-16.  

Gee, did you even get to sight them in before you left?????
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#4]
All AF troops!  No I didn't qualify with this weapon before I left.

Dave
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#5]
poor guys
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Since my A1C is still waiting for his CDC test.  He's about 8 months behind schedule because of bureaucratic stupidity, nothing you could tell me about the Air Farce would surprise me.  I thought you guys all learned to be an expeditionary force playing in the fields beside the freeway at Lackland???
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Im over at Fairchild in Spokane, Wa.  I've actually saw an SP last year with a M4.  Also saw a SP with what looked like I think a M-60E2 or whatever the designation for the shorter compact M60's are.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#9]
The SP's here have M4's.  The rest of us have shit!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top