Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/18/2003 2:35:04 PM EDT
For all of you who don't know and may be interested, there is a machine gun shoot and military gun show October 10-12 at Knob Creek Gun Range in West Point, Kentucky.  I got a flyer about it with my order from J&T and the flyer says it's the nation's largest.  Too bad I probably won't be able to make it but some of you others might.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
They hold it twice a year (April/October). I was there in April and can tell you it was awesome. You can hear the roar of the firearms from a great distance. Full-auto rentals galore. I even splurged and took a helicopter ride.

Have you heard of Bulletfest in Ohio? It is sponsored by AR15.COM's one and only "Campybob" (AK Moderator). Check it out:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/announcement.html?b=4&f=64&id=13[/url]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell me about the Assault Rifle Match at Knob Creek....   Is it super-serious, cut throat competition, or would it be appropriate to enter if you've never participated in a formal competition before?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately that's the same weekend as "Gunstock", wouldn't be a bad roadtrip, but one's in Kentucky, and one's in Texas, some drive.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I forgot that it would be the same time as Gunstock.  I'm definitely going to that since it's in my state.

Griz for more info about the match at Knob Creek check out this site.

[url]http://www.knobcreekrange.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya'll come'on down here for GunStock!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Griz for more info about the match at Knob Creek check out this site.
View Quote

I already googled up that site and checked out the online info... I was just curious about the atmosphere there.

I've never participated in a competition, but the Assault Rifle Match sounded interesting....  I don't think I'd place, but it sounds like it would be fun.   I just want to make sure that n00bs are welcome before I enter.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Knob Creek for the most part is just a nationwide gathering of FA buffs getting together to shoot their weapons.  Sure there is some competition on secondary ranges, but for the most part is it just a rip-roaring good time on the primary range.  I don't think you would see any cut-throat behavior there, as a spectator or a competitor.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Shoot the Rifle match on Friday. Kind of fun hanging around the lower range where it's held and watching the other shooters go through.
I've participated in the last couple matches. Never did that type of shooting before, on the clock shooting plates then moving to a different position. Consider myself a newbie.
No exotic weapon or ammo necessary. Compete against yourself, and have fun doing it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been to Knob Creek twice and had a good time both times. The first time I was there it rained a lot and flooded some of the lower range. They also have a large military type gun show. If you only go one day, make it Saturday, go early to eat breakfast there and stay all day. The Saturday evening shoot is the biggest and it starts just before dusk so you can see the tracers better. The shoot all day with cease fires to change targets.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ya'll come'on down here for GunStock!
View Quote

ditto.  yall come down here to Texas for Gunstock  [:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top