Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 9:05:03 AM EDT
After spending the last 6 months with black rifle fever, I have Bushmaster 20" HBAR and a Bushmaster 16" M4 profile w/ Aimpoint.  I shot my 20" Bushmaster in a CMP competition and sent away for a M1 Garand.  Now all I think about is M1 this and M1 that.  I almost think that M1 feveris as bad as black rifle fever.  What would get me thinking of Black rifles again, that 30-06 ammo is EXPENSIVE and the last can of Lake City I picked up made me think I could have almost paid for a new upper.  What do you think I should get next, another M1 or a Springfield 1903, maybe a new tack driver upper? although it's pretty cool having Fedex deliver military firearms to your door! Maybe I need to get a G&R FFL.  Oh brother.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I can absolve you my son for 5 NIW Sanchez USGI mags, with green followers. [;D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Just wait till FAL fever gets you.[:)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#3]
That's easy...M1A [:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

[hijack mode] ... Hey, [b]P806[/b].

(1) Is that avatar a picure of you?
(2) If so, are you single?
(3) Would you consider a visit to NYC for a little R&R some weekend?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I know the feeling...I started out with a bad case of Garanditis, which soon progressed into 03-A3 disorder, now I've come to the dark side...(oh yeah, might add, I just ordered my first AR two days ago--a Bushmaster CMP match rifle)
Dude, you're screwed!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I headed over to the dark side about six weeks ago to finally learn something about AK's.

Weeeel, three AK's later and I'm still learning !!  (I don't believe I can 'afford' to learn much more.)
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Go with the Garands and send me your AR's.

They suck anyway.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought my AR because it is cheaper to shoot than a Garand!  I still shoot the Garand, but going out and practicing with a couple hundred 223's is alot cheaper on the wallet and shoulder than a couple hundred 30-06's!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:36:17 AM EDT
[#9]
First an AR...then a Garand...then an M1A...then an M1 carbine...then an 03A Springfield.

May as well go for the whole series of "modern" US military firearms.  My buddy is almost there, with just the M1A left to go.  He keeps buying mags and parts for it, even though he doesn't have the rifle yet.  [rolleyes]

--Otter
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:09:41 AM EDT
[#10]
as long as you keep 1 AR, there is no sin [:)]

M1's are great rifles, just shouldering one feels awesome.  I luv mine [:D]

There is plenty of Danish and Korean Surplus Ammo to be found for these babies! (and costs less than LC)

While you're getting some M2 ball, get yourself a 1903A3 while you can.  I need to get one myself.

Someone brought up the M1A.. that too will steal your heart, so be careful !! [:D]

FAL's are nice too, caution is warranted!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:27:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Well you need to shoot the garand as much as the AR. So now you need reloading equipment to buy for the .30-06
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh, I am way ahead of you on that one.  In fact I picked up another pound of IMR-4895 just last night.  I have over 800 empties cases to reload so I guess I'll be busy. I guess I should have gotten more than a pound of powder! I guess I am leaning towards a M1903 next.  So many weapons, so little time! I still love AR's however, just diversifing a little.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:15:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I think that avatar is a pic of Aerosmiths lead singers daughter. Definately one of the hottest babes to ever eat crackers on my firing range(in my dreams of course).
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:23:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Liv Tyler.........[naughty]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

You got that right. One you do a FAL, the rest of them are secondary/backup weapons. Great shooter, .308 ballistics, cheap mags and one pretty sexy mf rifle....He will be toast.

BTW WW,

Semper Fi sig line?

Fal fever?  

[i]Thats a man baby[/i]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#16]
echap:

Since I have two Garands, one each in 30-06 and .308, If it is not too late I'd recommend getting one in .308 because the ammo is less expensive and surplus .308 is generally more plentiful.  A .308 Garand uses the same 8-round en bloc clips.  I love mine.

Noah
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep, looks like Liv -

[IMG]http://www.lovelylivtyler.com/pictures/lotr/lotr102.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
After spending the last 6 months with black rifle fever, I have Bushmaster 20" HBAR and a Bushmaster 16" M4 profile w/ Aimpoint.  I shot my 20" Bushmaster in a CMP competition and sent away for a M1 Garand.  Now all I think about is M1 this and M1 that.  I almost think that M1 feveris as bad as black rifle fever.  What would get me thinking of Black rifles again, that 30-06 ammo is EXPENSIVE and the last can of Lake City I picked up made me think I could have almost paid for a new upper.  What do you think I should get next, another M1 or a Springfield 1903, maybe a new tack driver upper? although it's pretty cool having Fedex deliver military firearms to your door! Maybe I need to get a G&R FFL.  Oh brother.
View Quote

Get an 03' and head to Camp Perry and sign up for the Garand and Springfield matches.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think that avatar is a pic of Aerosmiths lead singers daughter. Definately one of the hottest babes to ever eat crackers on my firing range(in my dreams of course).
View Quote

[i]... Damn![/i]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Get the C&R license, too.  The M1 is but your first step into a larger world... mwah hah hah!  Mwah hah hah hah! [cough] Damn, every time I do my evil laugh, it makes me cough...

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#21]
The cough is part of the sickness. The fever comes when you enter a gun shop, or order on line. The shortness of breath comes when you need to explain to your wife why you need more money, happens to me all the time. Yep AR's garand's 03's get em all. I did.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top