Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/18/2003 8:06:27 AM EDT
Not all your guns mind you, that will come later, but what will you do when they ban all "assault weapons" and come for your ARs?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:10:35 AM EDT
[#1]
[:K]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
what guns?

I thought this was a recipe sharing website [whacko]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#3]
What AR-15s? I sold them all to some guy before the ban... I think his name was jzdziarski.

[;)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Heh, you're just as traceable as I am on this Internet, I prefer not to give myself a false sense of security =)
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Ar-15?  Who's got one of THOSE innocent slaughter machines?

:mad:
[;)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#6]

[b]Regardless of what the poll shows, 80%+ will obey the law and surrender their AR-15's.[/b]

I'll leave the take-to-the-roof-tops and chest-pounding to others but that's what will happen.  Why ??  Because virtually al of us are law-abiding citizens who have in the past and will in the future obey the law.  The criminal element who own AR-15's ??  They will still have their AR-15's because they are criminals who in the past have not obeyed the law nor will they in the future.

I'm not the one to judge what is right or wrong but the above is what will be.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't EVER think the USA can't turn into Cambodia or Uganda.

CRC
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#8]
That's the reason they'll be so successful too, because we'll think, "I'm just being a law abiding citizen" and anyone who realizes that they are no longer living in a free country will be viewed as the criminal.  By the time they're ready to come for all of our guns, we'll be just as brainwashed as we were prior to WWII, when many Americans were saying, "Hitler's not that bad a guy, he just wants peace."

There are no lines in the sand, and most people are only long distance bad on the Internet.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#9]
In all honesty what the f*** is the point of this poll?  Why do people continue to post this kind of shit?  What does it matter what we do when the time comes?  Each man or woman will handle the situation differently but one thing for certain is you will never know until that day comes.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Because that 6% who are going to shoot the agents at the door need to know they're a minority?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:01:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What AR-15s? I sold them all to some guy before the ban... I think his name was jzdziarski.
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Uhhh, yeah, this isn't something that you talk about on the internet.  You could, I guess, but I wouldn't, because I don't want them coming to my house with guns to enforce the law.  I want them to know that I am a peaceful law-abiding citizen who will peacefully give over his/her guns.  They can come unarmed in suits.

The poll means nothing.  People who have already decided to fight are probably looking for a moment already, which is kinda sick.  Those that decided to turn in their guns may or may not.  The other 80% will decide when the time comes.

I am going with the last guy as far as when the time comes everyone will decide differently.  Even if I did, I wouldn't tell you.  Even if I didn't, I am still not telling you.  There is no safe place but between your ears.

This [i]is[/i] kinda trollish.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's a thought..if you don't want to talk about it why don't you switch to another thread.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry, gun grabbers, but I only own single shot .22 rifles. Honest.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I was fishing at crater lake and both my ARs fell out of the boat and sunk to the bottom, forever lost. i wish i could go get them to turn in but crater lake is real deep and theres no way to get them back.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I doubt I will be in my home. Plan on being nearby...taking aim...additional mags at the ready...

Semper Fi

Constitution or die

Sounds good anyway. We'll see if I have the guts when it happens.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd have to agree with the [b]First[/b] reply to this thread; after reading several of the authors comments...[size=3][b]He's a [/b][:k][/size=3]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#18]
who exactly is 'they'?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#19]
My theory is, the government will collapse from weakness and the weight of it's own obesity before "they" get around to that.

And I'm sure EVERYBODY was wondering what my freakin' theory would be.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#20]
You don't send the local cops to confiscate assault weapons. They will resign if asked to do that. That brings up another question...with just your name/SSN, does big brother know what you have for weapons? I thought they could only trace owners from serial numbers on the weapons.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm sure they can harvest this information from dealers quite easily.  In fact, my dealer informed me that the ATF frequently performs 'Compliance Checks' on his books.  If they haven't already collected this information, they could.  It's all at their finger tips.  Hopefully if it ever comes down to the wire, thousands of dealers will have unexpected fires in their back rooms.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Boy, I sold that AR15 to some guy at a gun show about 4 months ago.  Don't remember his name now, sorry.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#23]
im sure theyll first pass a law closing the gun show loophole, and requiring all guns be reported lost or stolen immediately just like they do NFA guns.  I'm sure 3 days before the bill is signed into law, there will be a few million reported cases of stolen firearms.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd turn over every gun that was still in my personal possession...
as a law abiding (coppertop) citizen...

Unfortunately, (2) have been stolen (seriously), and the rest will have been sold before then...
Neo was the buyer, or was that Morpheous???
I don't know they were there one minute on the phone, and then they simply disappeared...

[sniper2]

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
who exactly is 'they'?
View Quote

In an ideal world it would be Feinstein, Schumer, Kennedy, Nadler and Hilary.
I'd throw in the communist from Minnesota also but that POS is already dead.

In reality there will be feds and a few of the local gendarme who are fascist enough to go along. The ones who are hungry enough for power or to kill others under the umbrella of the law. The new gestapo...
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#26]
They don't have to get violent with you or start an uprising.  All they gotta do is detain YOU if you are on the list (transaction form 4420?) at your dealers.  After a few weeks, since you can't make payments on the house and car, and utilities, you will be F***ED.  Then you will gladly give them up because your neighbors and other non-AR folks haven't had any problems, and their lives are going on as before.  Very low key way to do things, and the average citizen will not give a shit about your plight because it isn't affecting them or most of the population.  So it's your choice.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Me I don gotta worry but my 78 year old widowed Mamma might, although at last check all the family illegal weapons were at her house.  Most had moved on to my Sheriff bro-in-law.  A variety of batons, blackjacks, saps, my wifes Grandpa's loaded billy (now that was one nasty piece - imagine a corked baseball bat, shrink the long dimension to 18", keep the width the same as original, now take the cork out and replace with lead.), the Brit swagger stick with the hidden stilletto.  That's what happens when you had a Cop from the good old days in the family.  Guns - All I got is the revolver to go here in the original box*, he musta given the others away.  

*Its a Colt Trooper 4" (not MKIII) wish he'ld kept the 6" Officers Model Match.  Now that was sweet.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They don't have to get violent with you or start an uprising.  All they gotta do is detain YOU if you are on the list (transaction form 4420?) at your dealers.  After a few weeks, since you can't make payments on the house and car, and utilities, you will be F***ED.  Then you will gladly give them up because your neighbors and other non-AR folks haven't had any problems, and their lives are going on as before.  Very low key way to do things, and the average citizen will not give a shit about your plight because it isn't affecting them or most of the population.  [red]So it's your choice.[/red]
View Quote

That it is. We are making that choice even now, as we speak. The gov't will be far more likely to attempt this if they think we will lie down like good little sheep. Hell, the only thing that has stopped them in the past is the threat of force against them.

Imagine this conversation taking place a century ago. LMAO.

Try to remember that without testosterone we would all have been born women. No shit. We'd be infertile but still women.

Kick ass and take names. Semper Fi.

[marines]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
im sure theyll first pass a law closing the gun show loophole, and requiring all guns be reported lost or stolen immediately just like they do NFA guns.  I'm sure 3 days before the bill is signed into law, there will be a few million reported cases of stolen firearms.
View Quote

Wow, you're a sorry excuse for a troll. [:K]

"Closing the gun show loophole" give me a break, theres no such thing.

If you believe its a "loophole" then you're already a lost cause.........
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#30]
drjarhead, you are so right.  I imagine if we just sit and don't say anything, it will be Canada, England, and Australia all over again.  We have to raise hell about this issue.  Of course, if we get stupid about it, it will backlash on us.  I for one am not crazy about having a public page with a poll on it asking if we'll shoot a LE person.  

Whatever we do, let's not advertise our intent or fantasy to the world (Liberal pols) to use as ammunition against us at a later date.  If we can't get the politicians by the gonads, and to have them notice us..then more extreme measures may be needed.  That time is not here yet, but it's getting closer...we need to keep them on their toes.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#31]
When I got my 1st ar my hunting buddy and his wife stoped by the house. I showed it to them and his wife asked what do u need that 4?  I said 4 when they come. She said 4 when who comes? I said who ever.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
who exactly is 'they'?
View Quote

You know who "they" are. Dont act stupid.
GG
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Doesnt seem like troll $hit to me. Just devil's advocate.

I dont own any ARs because the are machine guns and only made to kill people. Thats my answer and Im sticking to it.
We have already lost all hope if 77% bury and lie. I will go on the offensive. It will be to dangerous to be a cop, cuz I would start with them. Gotta start some where. Each day when a cop has to respond to a call, he will wonder if it will be his last. Then I would move up to bogus reporters. I will also break out the good stuff, grenades and other boom agents. then I will wake up.
GG
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
drjarhead, you are so right.  I imagine if we just sit and don't say anything, it will be Canada, England, and Australia all over again.  We have to raise hell about this issue.  Of course, if we get stupid about it, it will backlash on us.  I for one am not crazy about having a public page with a poll on it asking if we'll shoot a LE person.  

Whatever we do, let's not advertise our intent or fantasy to the world (Liberal pols) to use as ammunition against us at a later date.  If we can't get the politicians by the gonads, and to have them notice us..then more extreme measures may be needed.  That time is not here yet, but it's getting closer...we need to keep them on their toes.
View Quote

Agreed, Greco. I doubt there are many of us here with fantasies of harmin anyone. However, if my choice is to do so or lose my freedoms it will be an easy choice for me to make.

We do need a little militancy to keep the forces against us at bay. For that matter if we all stand together(?) it will not matter what the liberals think--see my sig line.

I am a doctor and am committed to helping others. That does not mean I am a whimp, nor will I watch as my freedom is usurped by neo fascism. Not on my watch. If our grandfathers had such an attitude we would not currently be dealing with the social problems that currently envelop this nation.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#35]
drjarhead...truer words were never spoken than what you have as your sigline...
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Before I give up my stuff...

There is an Oxy-Acetylene torch and Chop-Saw nearby.

If I can't have it, ain't no one gonna have it.

Hope I have the chance to do-it-myself if it absolutely comes to confiscation.

Let's work together to make sure it never comes to that.

MM419
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

...I'll give 'em the ammo first. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#38]
well, one things for sure, if they weren't watching this board......they are now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
what guns?

I thought this was a recipe sharing website [whacko]
View Quote

Me too, Dude, you got a recipe for Onion Soup?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

...I'll give 'em the ammo first. [:D]
View Quote

Lead Poisoning?

MM419
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
well, one things for sure, if they weren't watching this board......they are now.
View Quote

Good. I think that it is my point that they know better than to screw with us as a group.

Although, as duly noted above, if 77% are going to hide then maybe I am the one screwed.

All it will take from us is unity--not exactly our forte if history is any indication. Divide and conquer...

I say fuck 'em. Time for us all to act like men. To many years of women telling us how to act. Don't let them win guys. It has already cost us far too much. Far, far, too much.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
Doesnt seem like troll $hit to me. Just devil's advocate.

I dont own any ARs because the are machine guns and only made to kill people. Thats my answer and Im sticking to it.
We have already lost all hope if 77% bury and lie. I will go on the offensive. It will be to dangerous to be a cop, cuz I would start with them. Gotta start some where. Each day when a cop has to respond to a call, he will wonder if it will be his last. Then I would move up to bogus reporters. I will also break out the good stuff, grenades and other boom agents. then I will wake up.
GG
View Quote

Exactly. Burying your guns and hiding inside your house will only make it easier to kill, or enslave you. Go on the offensive. Exactly.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I think most people would bury + lie because they'd get more of a following when they came for ALL our guns.  After all, anyone who would've gone to war in 94 when the ban was passed would've been looked at as a criminal by the rest of the gun owning society who didn't take the assault weapons ban seriously, or think it applied to them "hunters".  
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#44]
What? Has it been a week already since the last poll?

[beathorse]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#45]
That will be a very sad day in America.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:46:57 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm curious what the NRA has been doing exactly with all the money we've been sending them.  I haven't seen a single television ad on TV, but I've seen plenty in gun magazines.  I've seen the occasional quote from someone whose pissed off at the NRA, but haven't really seen much else lately.  Just curious.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:44:20 AM EDT
[#47]
This is not a hypothetical question.  "Assault weapons" have already been banned in California.  What did THEY do?  I don't know, but if someone living in California knows maybe they will give us some info.  I don't remember reading about a revolution, so they either complied or lied.  

My idea of a good solution is a "Million ARMED MAN March" in Washington DC.  The Feds don't have a million jail cells, and I don't believe for a minute that the National Guard would fire on a peaceful march (no I'm not forgetting Kent State, but they didn't KEEP shooting). So what the hell could they do?  It worked for Martin Luther King.  And when you get right down to it, this IS about Civil Rights, and that is how we should fight it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#48]
You get a million armed individuals together and some anti-gun MORON will do something stupid to provoke someone to shoot them.  It's all downhill from there.  Do I support a million people with guns? Yes. Are there one or two pagan rednecks in that crowd I wouldn't want to be around? Yes.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#49]
If such a law should come to pass, I think it will go the way of the registration debacle in Canada -- it will become unenforcible.  Most of Canada's provinces are refusing to enforce the mandatory registration of firearms.  And registration is still less extreme than outright confiscation.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:40:39 AM EDT
[#50]
i avoided posting on this topic the last couple of hundred times i saw it, but the more i think about it the less i know.  truth is, i dont know what id do.  id like to think id fight, or maybe id look at my kids and then quietly hand them over.  either way when they were gone id find a dark corner and quietly sob.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top