Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2003 5:14:08 PM EDT
Let me know how good the Quality is of a Complete Upper or Barrel that you ordered and received from Bushmaster?

I mean did it arrive in Brand New Mint Condition or was there any problems with it?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Lets see... three uppers directly from Bushy.... Perfect, perfect, and oh yea... perfect... [;)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Perfect condition, although I was a bit disappointed that the bolt carrier was of the 'cut-away' variety. Otherwise, no complaints.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I just received my M4-Dissy barrel assembly about 2 weeks ago, and it looks perfect! Can't wait for my next project, and Bushmaster is definitely getting my business!
Seth
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#4]
My 20" A3 arrived mint!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]

f.o.t.t.,

i recently ordered and received a postban M4A3 16" blunt (i.e. full 16", no brake) flattop upper assembly from bushmaster.  got it via Chris Rose at Eagle Firearms (see the ar15.com EE for Chris's info).  delivery time was pretty short, ~2.5 weeks. Chris was a super helpful guy -- and i got the upper for less than the bushmaster catalog price.  by all counts i could not be happier.  

ps: also got a bushie fixed-telestock postban lower via Chris, and a ARMS 40 BUIS, and an Aimpoint ML2, and a ARMS 22M68, and... HOLY @#&$ this black rifle stuff is addicting!  but, i sent a few hundred WinQ3131A downrange this weekend, boy what fun that is!

good luck,
ar-jedi
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Got one 14.5" M4 upper direct from Bushmaster that was a nightmare.  The barrel was torqued WAY too tight, probably at least 100ft-lb.  It broke one bbl wrench trying to put a Knight's free-float tube on.  I mean when the spec says to "triple torque" the barrel, it means to tighten it, break it loose, tighten it, break it loose, and tighten it a final time.  I guess Bushmaster took it to mean tighten it to 3 times the torque value!!

The taper pins in the front sight tower were also way too tight for a brand new, never fired upper.  Was way too difficult to  remove them.

And finally, the crown of the barrel was a few thousandths out of alignment.  Usually no big deal, but when mounting a suppressor, it can lead to baffle strikes.  The suppressor manufacturer had to true the barrel before installing their adapter/flash hider.

I once remember a little bird telling me to stick with Colt.  I wish I had listened!!  Actually, I think Rock River is the next to try.  From what I've seen they have the best product  out there.  The Colt M16's are absolutely the best, but their AR15's are now a far cry from the best!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:35:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I LOVE BUSHMASTER!  PERFECT!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:38:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I've also gotta give Bushmaster a grade of A+. ~2 week turn time, jet black color, and perfect fit on a 16" complete upper.

Shabo
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:20:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Three Bushy uppers in the last five or so years - all perfect with the exception of a complete 16" A2 HBAR upper that was overtorqued and required excessive windage to zero.

Very pleased with all the barrels though I wish they would offer the 1/7 in more varieties.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top