Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2003 12:31:58 AM EDT
My 20" H-bar has a solid free floating aluminum handguard, and while i like the aesthetics, it gets hot FAST. Anyone use a vertical handgrip on these with any success or should I just deal with it. I know most grips are aluminum also and would probably just absorb heat as well. I do have a Harris bipod, but wanted something in front to grab. Thanks http://www.shagbuilt.com/MyAR1.jpg
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?? Help a guy out here
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#2]
There is no reason why you can't add a bit of rail underneath the tube to allow you to attach a forward grip.

I'd recommend one of the plastic ones (to avoid the heat issue).  Ones that come to mind: Fobus, Bushmaster BMAS, ARMS, KAC
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw just yesterday an adaptor for putting a handguard rail onto a float tube, but can't remember who makes it. There are a lot of synthetic vertical grips out, too, so you have a lot of possibilities to choose from.
Try looking around at these sites.

[url]www.brownells.com[/url]

[url]www.sableco.net[/url]

[url]www.advanced-armament.com[/url]

[url]mstn.biz[/url]

[url]www.gggaz.com[/url]

[url]www.gunguide.com[/url]

[url]www.armsmounts.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#4]
My preban Colt has a freefloat carbine handguard...  I was thinking about having one of the GG&G small rails attached, then putting the vert. grip on.

It should be easy to do, hell I might be able to do it myself with a dremel and some selftapping screws...

Alex
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top