Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/16/2003 6:14:17 PM EDT
Hi there. I went down to the range in my area for the first time and found it seriously lacking. The shooting area is so short I was only able to zero my Bushmaster from 22 meters out. I used the regular bushmaster instructions (the IBSZ wouldn't work because of the small distance) to zero it, and was getting relatively close groups. Will this adversely affect my longer range shots? I don't expect to be making any shots longer through my iron sights than what I can see.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Technically... the elevation settings are calibrated from 300 - 800 yards on an A2 and should only be used with the small aperture. Use the larger aperture with the elevation set to 300 for closer shots if you have the rifle zeroed according to Bush's 25/300 meter procedure (same as the military). The point of impact crosses point of aim at both 25 and 300 meters so if you zero at 25, you're good for 300. There are other methods of zeroing.

Try here:
[url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/zeroingmethods.msnw[/url]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the Marine Corp 25 meter Battle sight zero as per the -10.
Works better for me as a target shooter and hunter than any of the other zero's.
Raymond
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top