Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2003 12:18:32 PM EDT
I recently bought an ‘Entry’ AR direct from Rock River Arms. It’s my first AR-15, and I’ve been wondering lately what, exactly, they included in my rifle. I’ve heard that RRA has some kind of fake muzzle brake that they put on some configurations of their rifles. Well, I saw a picture of one recently, and the notches were there, but they were filled in with material. The muzzle brake on my carbine has actual open slits in it, so I am assuming that it is a ‘real’ version of their LE muzzle brake.

My main question relates to RRA’s 2-stage trigger. People say it’s awesome. I’d like to know if the trigger group on my carbine is 2-stage. How can you tell the difference by feel? Could someone describe to me how I can know what type of trigger group I have by pulling the trigger? What about by just looking into the lower receiver?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
A two-stage trigger, once you start to squeeze it, has a little bit if travel and then there will be a "stop" at the second stage. Just a SLIGHT bit of additional pressure at the stop, and the sear will break, releasing the hammer. A single stage fatcoty AR trigger typically has a long and fairly heavy pull, which is why most people get rid of it; they're worthless for target shooting or varmint hunting. I have an RRA 2-stage, and I REALLY like it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine came with a 2-stage trigger then. Rock on.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top