Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2003 7:04:08 AM EDT
new-arguy,
Could you post some different pictures of this sweet M4 Rifle?

I'm building one Just like it and would love to see some other pictures of it?

Thanks-A-Million

Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump !!
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p53a10e0c8fe21fffd0f429ac73535226/fdc32535.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid23/p173a9f506e03982d28a60b77538e4273/fd9ec574.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p5455b26be3e287b562901f98371b927b/fca79c34.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/pa9ce52436809ec0f08d3cdcc92b831b0/fc7b5295.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p385840b74714aa7f9d8bcdf93b810942/fc420fcb.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pfec93ac3618541648a19758991d21f4d/fc420f61.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p3b0c17a91e8a478d4a3a4499627861dd/fc92c173.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p793269d47e83e16839837bb0f5cdf4a2/fd1d6180.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid22/p06aa2b9294e2daf4b6eb41771479c9d0/fdacc61d.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm building one Just like it
View Quote

Make sure and get just the right, Bushy purple, color for the  lower.[;)]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Notack, If you'll notice, only the pics where there is extremely bright light on the gun has that color. None of the rest do and anyhow,  neither does that rifle anymore.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#5]
New ARGuy, based on your choice of 1st class equipment, I'd tend to trust your judgement, so...
1)  Did you have your Bushmaster lower refinished?

2)  If so, where'd you send it?
Were you satisfied/pleased/thrilled with their job?

3)  Would you recomend them?  Highly?  Or someone else?

4)  Turn around time?

Thanks for taking the time, I appreciate it.

Sul2
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, new-arguy
That is one sweet Rifle !!!
I'm going to put together the same set up.

I just order the Complete ARMS SIR Military Upper from Bushmaster with the 14.5 M4 Barrel with the Permanently attached Phantom.

My Bank Account is going to be Empty !!!

What lenght berrel and flash suppressor do you have on yours?

Thanks... [bounce]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Long story short...

I have 2 preban Bushmasters. One had the purple hue as you can see above. I had this lower on the rifle pictured above. The rifle above is my favorite. I took the purplish lower off my favorite gun and put it on my second favorite gun.

Eventually, I did get the purple lower refinished. I called Bushmaster and they recomended a place call PC of Titusville, or something like that. Bushmaster gave me their number.

I had SEVERAL friends with greyish Colt lowers and black Bushmaster uppers. PC of T said they dont charge per receiver, they charge per order. So if the order is one lower or six, its the same price. Four of us sent lowers and it only cost us about $20 each. If it cost more than that I probably wouldnt have done it. The color didnt bother me that much, and I had already moved the purple lower to my other gun. Anyhow, got them back in like 2 weeks. They came out wonderful. Worst part was having to strip and reassemble all of them myself.

Its a 14.5" Bushmaster M4 barrel with a permanantly affixed Tactical Vortex flash suppressor. To be honest with you fell, I wish I would have gotten the C model over the M. The M is a more permanent modification and once you go there its not so easy to go back. C is a put on/take off kind of part and that just means more modularity.

I got the #45 SIR when it *first* came out and I really love it. But not too long ago the #50 came out. At first, I think my reaction was, so what... big deal. Then I built a rifle for someone with one and I really liked it. But they dont make a #50 SIR in M and putting the delta ring back on so I could use the #50 C is too much of a pain in the butt. So I cant switch. I like my #45M SIR a lot, but I think the #50 is nicer. Its thinner and slightly lighter and I like that. Im not really regreting anything, but if I had to do it all over again, it would be with a #50.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Excellent, thanks I appreciate it, will give BM a call in the AM.
SUL2 out
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#9]
very nice rifle
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Great rifle!  In the fourth pic from the bottom it looks as if your performing some strange contortionist trick shot move the way your left leg is placed in the photo.  Threw me off for a second till I realized it was a trick in the pic angle.  Almost looks like you have your foot on the scope....he he he!
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#11]
hahahaha, thats durring one of the CQB drills we run. I was the first or second shooter, and I was peaking under the wall when I wasnt supposed to. The idea was to go around the next corner and engage targets as you saw them. Peaking under the wall exposed many more of the targets than would have been if I went around the corner, and I was more behind cover too. After I was done, they covered the opening. Haha, never do what they expect - always cheat, always win!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:10:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Showoff.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:22:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, new-arguy,

Got any pictures of an AR with the SIR #50 on it?

Also what color LED's did you go with on your M900A ?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:32:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Always nice to read New-Arguy's posts.  In fact, I like it so much, that I've nearly completed a psychological profile of this dude.  And with that information, I can safely say that he will have a SIR #50 rifle within the next 6 months.

Its simply inevitable.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#15]
To any interested-

I spoke to Bushmaster's rep. and asked who they recomended for refinishing.  They replied:

Precision Coating of titusville as NewARGuy stated.

Their # is 321-267-1161

Their price is $75.00 minimum, I asked for about 3, and was told that's still $75, though I don't know how many more will be refinished by the initial $75.

They know the "Bushmaster black" and will refinish to match.  I was asked which black, light, med, or "black-black" I said BM black, and they said no problem.
Turn around's about 3 wks, that's including shipping; 1wk us to them, 1 wk. to refinish, 1 wk to return, return shipping paid by PC.  I know shipping's more like 3-4 days not 7 but I'm a simple man, so I round up.

Their address is:
PC of Titusville
701 Columbia Blvd.
Titusville, FL 23780

Hope this helps some.  Sorry for jacking the thread, sorry if you see this posted elsewhere for others.  SUL2 out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#16]
I have white LED's on the M900. Simply because it was the only color the place had at the time. I would've taken any color as I dont really think any of the different colors hold *that much* of an advantage over the other to make a difference.

Yup, thats the place who refinished the lowers. Thanks for getting the info out here.

The only way I'll get a #50 SIR is if they eventually make a M model so I can easily replace the #45 I have. I do like it better, but no so much that I'm going to build a whole new rifle with it. Now if/when the URX comes out, thats worthy of a new rifle! [;)]

I actually have the rifle I built for my friend right here. It has the #50 SIR. I'll post pics later. Aside from the SIR, its a carbon copy of mine. On top of this one, another friend had me build *another* copy of my rifle. I cant say Im real thrilled with the idea of having so many replicas of my rig out there, but even more than that, I just hope everyone with one enjoys it as much as I do.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:00:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Always nice to read New-Arguy's posts.  In fact, I like it so much, that I've nearly completed a psychological profile of this dude.
View Quote

Careful, you dont want to get into his head too much. He may, or [i]may not[/i], be the kind of guy you want crashing on your sofa eating pizza watching movies.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:15:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Ah man, I just got a bunch of new DVD's! I was going to see if you wanted to see one later. I wanna see your new grip and Wanda's new rifle. But hey, if I've  hogged up too much couch space or eaten too much of your pizza... then?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:21:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ah man, I just got a bunch of new DVD's! I was going to see if you wanted to see one later. I wanna see your new grip and Wanda's new rifle. But hey, if I've  hogged up too much couch space or eaten too much of your pizza... then?
View Quote

[slap]

I didnt say you werent [b]MY[/b] kind of people.
What time should I expect you?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:50:50 AM EDT
[#20]
See you then. I got dinner this time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh, and one thing to know... when the receivers came back, they were BONE dry. I put a heavy coat of Rig Juice on them and each soaked it right up. I had to keep applying it until the receivers were saturated enough that they returned to normal color and texture.

Another thing is they wont do just anyone's recievers. I dont know whose they wont do, but I do know they do Bushmasters and Colts. However... if your Colt has a steel sear block, they cant do it. They cant re-anodize lowers with steel blocks in them because you cant anodize steel. Something like that.

We sent 6 all together and the price was still going to be $75. But two of the six had the sear blocks and came back undone. Thats how I found out about the sear block thing [:(]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Notack, If you'll notice, only the pics where there is extremely bright light on the gun has that color. None of the rest do and anyhow,  neither does that rifle anymore.
View Quote

Just teasing![:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#23]
New-arguy might be a wiz at some things but I bet he couldn't eat pizza very long on my couch.  I gots these two basset hounds what like pizza and if you think you can sit while these two launch a pincer movement on yer pie you is sadly mistaken.

First they sit and give yah the big eye, to see if that works and just about the time you figger you've got the won't-power to overcome that you drop yer guard jest a bit and they charge to both flanks. It's a massacre I tell yah a massacre.  I ain't never seen anybody survive.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks, New-Arguy
Can't wait to see the pictures of the SIR # 50 Rifle !! [bounce]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Here's a couple pics of the rifle I built with the #50. Though its almost exactly like mine, it does not belong to me. Differences are the lower, newer M900 on this one, #50 SIR and a SF laser unit. This one has a Knights trigger, mine has a JP. I am not all that thrilled with lasers, but that thing is really impressive.
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pb68f83aaec10ce240b05b45b29d9b00e/fbe82a42.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p49436c81cc83fecb4b91d38e7b0d0685/fbe82994.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:37:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Is the SF laser unit a visible laser for target aquisition or one of the infrared (?) deals used only with night vision in order to show yer buddies a proposed target?

If it is the latter, and this is a civilian weapon, what is the purpose?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:21:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks, Is there a difference between the Older M900's and a newer version?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:09:31 AM EDT
[#28]
newarguy,  That is a very nice set up.  I know you have mentioned it before, but I cannot remember who made the stock on this rifle.  Would you please refresh my memory?  TIA  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Remember it's also the human behind the weapon that determines the ultimate placement of the shot. While new-arguy has the gear, I venture to guess that he could pick up any accurate AR and still place the rounds where he wants them.

A tricked out AR doesn't take the place of practice and training.... [;)]

Dirk
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#30]
It is a visinle laser. And I must say, it is VERY visable. Even on the brightest day at high noon with a blazing sun overhead and not a cloud in sight, the laser is easily visible. At night we tracked the laser out to at least 400 yards and it was STILL very visible. If we had a longer range to test it at I am sure it would have continued to be visible.

As for what it is for... It is primarily for speed at very close ranges. I'm not a big fan of lasers so I am not the one to really justify them.

The stock is made by [url=www.magpul.com]MAGPUL[/url] and it is the most fantastic and modular stock I have ever tried. The VLTOR stock with its side units is a little more comfortable, but the Magpul stock is more solid, more versitile and my hands down favorite.

The newer M900 has a lockout cap at the bottom of the front grip, the area around the pressure pads is built up a little, and the area around the throw lever is cut out a little more.

Dirk! Man, havent seen you in a long time. Good to hear from you. You are 100% correct. If all you can buy is gear or training, pay for training first. A well trained individual with a stock rig will beat a team of poorly trained people with the best tricked out gear.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top