Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 2:20:56 PM EDT
After reading all the garbage you people keep posting about how this ultra-lightweight barrel is better than the HBARs, how this rail system beats this one, yadda, yadda, yadda........

I finally got to compare an M4 barrel to my trusty Dissipator at the gun show. 30 minutes later, I have a guy replacing my Dissy barrel with the M4 barrel (BM, 1/9).

A couple of aisles over, I see an ACE stock on a display lower, so I go to check it out; damn, they ARE nifty as hell, aren't they?

Then, what do I see on my way out but one of those F*^#^&g "S.I.R." things on a display carbine. Man, If I only had the money! I guess I'll have to satisfy myself with a UFIR & a vertical grip maybe. After all, I really don't need a "space" rifle.......something more along the "sub-orbital" should do me just fine. If anybody has any suggestions for a good, but inexpensive (quality being the more important) vertical grip, feel free to offer your advice.

I tried to resist, I really did; I was completely satisfied with my Dissipator. But damnit to hell, I've been converted. I hope you all sleep well tonight, is all I can say...

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Que the G&R music!

Welcome to the jungle...
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#2]
[:D]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It's an addiction, really...
Just ask my wife, I'm sure she'll agree:)
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Zardoz............man today we must have walked all over one another....I went to pic up a barrel and build up a upper...instead I bought a 20 hbar,and then I see the guy with the EO techs for 320.00......"welcome to the jungle-we got what you need"
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#5]
[}:D]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not addicted, I have only bought 3 AR's and some accessories,this year and I can stop anytime I want.

The voice in my head just won't let me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry boys, your collection ain't complete until you have an Alexander Arms .22 Genghis (5.45x39).  Woh baby!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#8]
For the verticle grip; [url=advanced-armament.com/ar-15.html]Advanced Armament[/url]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Zardoz............man today we must have walked all over one another....I went to pic up a barrel and build up a upper...instead I bought a 20 hbar,and then I see the guy with the EO techs for 320.00......"welcome to the jungle-we got what you need"
View Quote
You're probably right; I spent 4 hours roasting, walking around in there. At the low point, there were still twice as many people there as usually go to the shows down here at their high point. Weird how few barrels there were for sale, isn't it? And almost no flattops, but a million A2 uppers. The M4 barrel I bought was the only seperate barrel I saw in the whole place, and since it was exactly what I was hoping to find, I got lucky. The guy at Black Rifle Works did the install for only $15, which saved me the cost of buying the tools to do it with. Notack, I probably am going to go the AA route for the handguard rail; looks like exactly what I need, and the price isn't bad, either; thanks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:24:18 PM EDT
[#10]
zardoz.  i have the AA rail and grip.  they are both perfect.  the rail is tight the the grip..well its a grip no real science behind it.  you'll be happy with them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I do have an M4 profile Bush... but it's pretty much relegated to the safe for SHTF grab and run purposes. You lost a lot of sight radius switching from the dissipator. I prefer a 20" upper for any target shooting for that reason.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top