Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 2:02:56 PM EDT
I saw an leom4 at a gun shop while looking at ars they had in stock. I asked how much did leo have to pay for it, he said 950. (colt)
How come just the uppers are costing right about the same?
What if awban sunsets, How much will the hole rifle cost then?(for non leo)
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
LEO weapons are cheaper all the way around it's that way with Glock, Sig, Colt, ect.... my local gun shop asked there distributor why he couldn't just order the LEO Glocks and replace they high caps with 10rd mags he was told that if Glock found out he would be blackballed by distributors and unable to by brand new Glocks. Anyway I think the awnser is somewhere between "Thanks for your duty" and to spur sales "Hey I'm a cop I can buy this cheaper".

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]
If the cops and military use *your product*, then you can generate more $$$ to civilians with ad campaigns like, "As used by over 10,000 law enforcement officers", "In service with  Navy Seals, Army Rangers, etc."  or "Chosen as the official weapon of such-and-such department."

People want what the police use because they figure if the cops chose it, it must be a good product.  Unfortunately, tight budgets usually have a say in what a department chooses.  Can you say, "Lowest Bidder"?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top