Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/13/2003 12:40:42 PM EDT
Hello,  
I normally just lurk here because I don't usually have any problems with my Bushy.  Well the other day I had my first potentially significant problem.  

I had the worst doublefeed that I have ever seen. It took me a good while, working the charging handle and wiggling the rounds<brass btw> to get them out.  After finally getting them out I field stripped the rifle to see if any harm was done. What I found were three shiny silver spots inside the bolt channel about an inch behind the chamber around where the recess is cut in the upper.  It looks like its just finish rubbed off but I'm not sure if there is any damage to the aluminium.

I'm not trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, but all of my experience with these rifles is shooting them not fixing or building them.  This seems like a critical area and it spooks me a bit.  Anybody seen this before?  Any advice?

Thanks in advance
bullittorange    
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Without having the thing in front of me, I'd have to guess that it's probably fine.  Unless the piece is visibly dented where the shiny places are, which I find hard to imagine if all that got jammed in there were brass and copper cartridges, I'd guess that all the damage was confined to some finish getting scraped off.[:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top