Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/13/2003 5:21:14 AM EDT
Anyone seen those new style buttstocks that look like they should be part of a SIRS system?  Where can you get them?  Schweet.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#1]
try here

wes has  everything

[url]http://mstn.biz/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#3]
$265.00 for a buttstock!

[shock]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It does look pretty badass though doesn't it?  It screams, "I'm broke!".  I think I'll buy a FIRSH from Oly first, since that's only a mere $99 to look badass.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=168257&w=activePop[/url]
 i have one of these and absolutley love it

sorry but the magpull looks like a tonka toy to me
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried the MSS and didnt like it. I like the VLTOR for the storage, but the cheekweld isnt as big a deal as some would have you believe.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#8]
What did you not like about the MSS?  I just cant see anyone not liking anything about the stock.  Its as perfect as you can ever make a stock.  Not all of the add ons/options are out but when its in full production nothing comes close.  Certainly not a VLTOR.

Edited to add:

I will admit if you use the stock in the CLOSED position the latch touches the back of your shooting hand.  That is the only thing thats not perfect about the stock.  If you extend it even one notch its no longer an issue.

I could also understand not liking the looks but never the feel/use of the stock.  There is no way to improve it that is not in the process of being done as an add on.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a VLTOR collapsible stock, the standard not the clubfoot, on my preban Colt Sporter LW and I absolutely love it.  As you probably know, it comes with 2 cheekwelds and 2 battery compartments so that you can fully adjust it to your specs.  I store spare batteries for my SureFire M900 and EOTech in it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I now have two VLTORs and love them both. The Magpul is in it's own class and should not be compared to the Modstock. With the cost of one Magpul, you can buy two and a half Modstock and have a enough money to get a case of beer! I do like the Magpul for it's adjustability, but I think it went to far. To complex and to RoBoCop looking for my taste. The Vltor stock system allows for unlimited accessory mounting possiblities. Also, the cheek weld is awesome.

But like I said, the Magpul should not be compared to the Modstock. They seem to be made for two different markets.

ls
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top