Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 9:05:24 AM EDT
Have a 70's vintage Colt SP1, Would a heavy barrel flattop upper fit?  Am thinking a 20 or 22 inch barrel.  As far as upper brands what would be a good choice. And would the SP1 Colt bolt and carrier, charging handle fit on a new varmint upper. Any for Sale?  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 20" Bushy V Match mounted on my Lg hole Blue label, There is an adapter pin you would need in order for it to work.
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/nes-06.asp[/url]
If you are concerned, get a friend to loan you a newer small hole lower and try mounting it first.
If it fits, most likely any other Mil-Spec upper will.
As for using the same bolt/carrier, I would order the new upper with a dedicated unit, to avoid possible head space problems.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Gunslinger,  Thanks for the information, I measured the front pin and it is .315 so is the bigger pin diameter. This SP1 was made in 1977 according to the serial # list above on the message board. I will check out the link.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top