Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/10/2003 8:08:51 PM EDT
Here is my newly assembled M4!

It's the CMMG/DPMS pre-ban M4A3 upper with the 16", 4150, 1/7" fully chrome lined barrel.

I've already installed the ARMS #40 BUIS with the standard A2 aperture, ARMS #50 Bi-Level SIR and EOTech 552!

I'm waiting on a AAC vertical grip to get me by until I get my M900A.

Other than the Surefire M900A I am also putting $$ away for a Vltor Carbine Modstock!  AR15's are some really bad addictive mojo!

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!

There's a gun show in Charlotte, NC this w/e, and I'm sorely tempted to take my upper (along with a couple other items), and see if I can't trade for an M4 upper and an RAS.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]
My slimline SIR didnt fit on my CMMG 14.5 M4.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:08:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Muy sexy. How do you like the view with the 552 mounted forward like that? Does it feel barrel heavy?

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:39:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice.  Now go get some SA surplus and blast away!

First, however, pick up some Black Hills 77g and sight everything in.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:34:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Zardoz,

I would skip the RAS and go with a SIR.  I was originally going to get a RAS but after checking around I found the SIR #50 for about $50-60$ more than the RAS!  I feel the SIR will give you more options and it's free floated too!

Combat-Jack (I love your handle! LOL [:D])

Why won't your SIR fit?  Was the upper reciever rails not lining up properly or the barrel nut yoke not fitting?  Have you talked to CMMG and asked if they could fix it?

My SIR 50 slid right on the receiver, the barrel nut yoke was tight but I believe that's how it's suppose to be, other than that it was a 5 minute job.  I hope you get your problem resolved.  Either way keep us posted and let us know how it works out.

naloxone,

The 552 works really well out front.  I've done a few house clearing walk throughs with the 552 on the receiver and on the SIR and it really is better forward mounted.

Yes, it does feel a bit front heavy but it's not that bad at all.  I'm sure a vertical grip will make almost unnoticeable.

FeedingCannibal,

Where are you getting your SA surlpus?  I thought these were hard to find and over priced at this time.  I'm currently down to 500 round of XM193 so I'll be needing more ammo soon!  [:D]

BTW, where do you get the BH 77gr. SMK and how much did it cost for a box?

Later guys!

-Chris
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#6]
YO Jimbo,

Love that name.

Love you gun, looks quit the set up.  Why not get the AAC grip and buy the Surefire M962su?  It is a great unit, and it can be setup independent of the grip.  especially with the slim forearm, the light will not stick out like a sore thumb like it would have on the SIR #45.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
YO Jimbo,

Love that name.

Love you gun, looks quit the set up.  Why not get the AAC grip and buy the Surefire M962su?  It is a great unit, and it can be setup independent of the grip.  especially with the slim forearm, the light will not stick out like a sore thumb like it would have on the SIR #45.
View Quote

Thanks for the compliments![:D]

You know actually thought of getting a Dieter CQD foregrip and Surefire M962SU, but unfortunately I recently got to hold a M900A and now I [b]NEED[/b] one!  You know how that is...[;)]

BTW, your rifles were a big influence on how mine is setup.  All those days of staring at your rifles on that beautiful wood floor burned their images into my mind! LOL [:D][:D]

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Pics would have been better if rifle was modeled by Mrs. Yojimbo. [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pics would have been better if rifle was modeled by Mrs. Yojimbo. [}:D]
View Quote

I would have asked but she was pissed off because I used her sofa blanket for the pics above and now they smell like CLP...oops![;)]  

Hey, I like the smell of CLP in the living room! [}:)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top