Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 7:27:29 PM EDT
Hi to all you AR addicts,

My name is Skunyun and I am addicted also.

It started long long ago, that first sweet smell of gun powder. Then my first hunting trip.
Those days I disposed of all my dads ammo,learned to clean every type of firearm.
Bought and sold and traded a few handguns, rifles.. ect..
Then decided to get a C&R , the came Mosins,Mausers, Makarov, and so on.
Kind of like the price on 1000 rnds of 7.62 so there cam SAR1, then L1A1 (no .308 )
Then one day in the gun shop I saw this Bushy, took it off the rack and low and behold, there goes the money to make the repairs and gravel for the washed out driveway.
But that is a good thing, not very many wants to drive down a muddy and rough drive, so I can relax and not be bothered as I clean my assortment of firearms.
So, the new addition is the Bushmaster / XM15 E2S / 20" HBAR
No range reports yet, but I do have 325 rounds waiting to go down range very soon.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]

akdave, welcome to AR15.com - the finest board in all of gundom !!

(You should fit right in with this 'sorry' bunch.)
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome aboard! You'll love your AR. May I suggest shooting it from a rested position at first? Then you'll see the rifle's true potential before you go crazy dumping out mags! [heavy]
B9
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the club. The AR rifle is kick ass. I use to have a love affair with handguns, but the AR has stolen my heart, and so has AR15.com. Get ready for total devotion like you have never known.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:48:47 AM EDT
[#4]
[wave] [banana]  Welcome, I really like the banana pic.  I just had to put it in.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Uh oh the mahem begins!  WELCOME!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Congratulations! The 20" Bushmaster was my first AR too. You will love it.
Welcome to the Board!   [beer]

Eric
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#7]
buddy system dude.. i bought my bushy 20" this weekend... and i've been trying to decide on accessories for it for the past month.. we should trade notes on what we decide..  unfortunately this is my first 'long gun' so i'm a total rifle newbie. but i'm a badass at web research and pretty confident in my(our) purchase is the best deal around. and this is a great forum too. gotten tons of great info from all my fellow gun-toting loonies.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Hi
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:57:54 AM EDT
[#10]
To everyone thanks for the hearty welcome.

Well so far, here comes a bipod (I do shoot from a bench) already scoped (Now to all that just have to have the best and very costly ones)the Leapers 4x20 suits my needs just fine (for the time being). I do have to say the Bushmaster looks very dominant beside the L1A1 and the SAR1.Loooks like I might have to add the Armalite, Olympic Arms and the Rock River and just possibly a Colt , damn this addiction.
Thanks agian for the Welcome!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#11]
i need an affordable scope. Where'd you get the leapers?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Be sure to check out the VA forum for future get togethers etc. You'd be amazed at the toys, some of the VA guys have, and i have not even been to the big meets.
DD
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey Redjack , The Leapers came from Tapco http://www.tapco.com/ . I do alot of buying from those guys and have been very satisfied so far. Oh by the way the Leapers fits atop the carry handle and you can still use the iron sights, also bullet drop compensator from 100 to 500 yrds.
Devotedad , I was at RPRC not to long ago and a few guys were going through some ammo with a full auto, I think a .308,m-60. damn they were piling up the links.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top