Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 1:00:15 PM EDT
Silly question guys, do any of you have AR mags, or mag pouches, mounted on the inside of the door of your gunsafe.  My gunsafe is filled with rifles, pistols, and other gun-related accessories including mags.  I was trying to think of a way to attach my AR mags or a mag pouch to the wall of the door inside my gun safe to conserve space, possibly by velcro.  I've seen holsters for pistols that velcro to the door but have never seen these for mags.  Has anybody done this before or does anyone have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Locker organizer... available either from one of the LE supply catalogs or even at Wally Mart for kids school lockers (if you can live with colors!). If your safe has a thin panel covering the inside of the door that protects the lockwork and all that, it is easy to drill and sheet metal screw it to the door -- works great.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks, I'll look into that.  yes my safe does have that thin panel but I can drill small pilot holes if I decide to go that route.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish I could do that, but the door on my safe in loaded down with hand guns,hummmm I could sell them to buy more AR's. Nope need them all.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I wish I could do that, but the door on my safe in loaded down with hand guns,hummmm I could sell them to buy more AR's. Nope need them all.
View Quote

Where did you get the holsters that mount your pistols to the door?  I've seen them at gunshows but have yet to find them online.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep my gun mags beside the crapper. Who is going to steal a bunch of magazines????
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where did you get the holsters that mount your pistols to the door?  I've seen them at gunshows but have yet to find them online.
View Quote

I got pegboard from Home Depot (4X8 Sheet 3 bucks) and hooks (10 hooks 4 bucks) and can arrange my hooks as needed for the pistols.

(Added one can of rubber dip for coating the hooks-5 bucks)

16 bucks total. Fully arrangeable. Holds more pistols than you thing when they can be moved around.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#7]
cool idea Cav
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:33:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I keep my gun mags beside the crapper. Who is going to steal a bunch of magazines????
View Quote

When crackheads rob convenient stores they often fill up on cigarette cartons & booze since the most they can get is $100 (due to hourly cash drops in the safe). A mag's value is close to a carton of cigs, and they are much more portable. Also, I assume they're in a closet or something, but it serves as another advertisement to people that you have valuable firearms in the house.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:40:03 AM EDT
[#9]
The way I figure it, keep your guns in your gunsafe, and your ammo/mags stored in another cabinet or something.  Keep a mag or two per firearm in the safe, but keep the rest of it in a cabinet somewhere.  Now that my gunsafe is installed, and being stocked, I need to get a locking cabinet (hopefully firelined as well, Glock mags are EXPENSIVE!) for my mags/ammo.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top