Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/8/2003 10:12:17 PM EDT
OK, first of all, this is not an advertisement.  I am not selling this item.

I'm thinking of selling my AR-15 upper and getting, perhaps, a 20".  My question is, if I do sell it, how much should I ask for?  It's a Bushmaster 14.5" hbar chrome-lined barrel with an AK muzzle brake.  It has about 2000-3000 rounds through it.  I would only sell the upper, not the bolt/bolt carrier etc.  Does anyone think it is not worth more than, say, $250?

What's the usual life of a barrel (meaning, how many rounds does it usually take before accuracy begins decreasing)?  I know it's different for different barrels, but what are your experiences with barrels?

Edited to say:  Never mind that last question, I looked down the list and found a thread devoted to that exact subject.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#1]
$250 is kinda low.  I'd guess that somewhere around $325-ish would be fair market value, if not a little more.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking that since I've fired 2000-3000 rounds through it it would not be worth as much.  Even though I'm sure the barrel has got a lot of life left, usually once something has been used a little its value drops drastically.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:14:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 20in bushmaster h-bar that is in excellent condition that I would sell for 350$, it has been used very little and only has 400rds throgh it.

if interested im or email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:56:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Why would you not sell the upper with the bolt/carrier?? Doesn't it make sense to have a brand new bolt in a new upper? Or does 2k-3k thru one not make much difference?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Personally, as modular as the AR is...I would consider...

1) Buying another barrel & bolt, doing a wap...

2) Buying another upper & B/BC/CH...

Then you have a reason to buy [i]another[/i] lower...[;)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top