Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2003 6:18:28 AM EDT
Are there any companies/machine shops talking about threading all these Hbar barrels after sunset?
I want to get a few on the list early.
Call me optimistic but I have already ordered new lugged sight posts and collapsable stocks.
Just trying to beat the rush.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Why wait?  Get your barrel threaded today!  If you are a stickler for the legalities, have some sort of attachment place on the barrel using the blind pin method.  When the ban expires, grind off the weld covering the pin, pull it out and replace the brake with the flash hider of your choice.

While I am reasonably confident that the ban will expire, I am more fearful of a reenactment after the Nov. 2004 elections which will give us a brief window to do what we want.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#2]
You could buy the pre-ban stuff you want now and just not assemble it yet. It seems resonably legal, discussed here [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=6&t=189534[/url] recently.

I doubt that the ban will ever be reenacted unless the democrats take back congress. Which to say the least isnt gonna happen. Another thing to think about is the in 1994 the shooting community wasnt as orginized as it is now.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You could buy the pre-ban stuff you want now and just not assemble it yet. It seems resonably legal, discussed here [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=6&t=189534[/url] recently.

I doubt that the ban will ever be reenacted unless the democrats take back congress. Which to say the least isnt gonna happen. Another thing to think about is the in 1994 the shooting community wasnt as orginized as it is now.
View Quote

Hell, I can't trash all these barrels and buy prebans, that would cost a fortune, plus these are good barrels, Armalite,Bushmaster.
I think your right, we may beat it this time,
But we will se it again.
I went to the thread you linked,and saw your post.
What I want to is;
What kind of New Yorker uses the word "ya'll"?
You must be a transplant.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Heheh... Originally of NY actually and then some moving around, then back to NY.

The ya'll is a bad habit from spending too much time with relatives from down south. Either way its much better than the NY "youse" or "you's". lol
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#5]
sckoyrsht asked a good question, but I haven't seen a good answer.  Are there any company's out there that are going to do the threading?

I too have a couple barrels I want to convert when the time comes.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Kurt's Kustom Firearms?

I'm sending two when AWB expires.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I read someone talking about cutting our own threads with a a die on another thread....  

Might be worth looking into...
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I solved that problem easily...

All I own are pre-bans [;)]

Being in NY...that's all we can get, AWB sunset or no [:(] everything post-94 is considered post-ban by NY state, due to it's laws...

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top