Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/7/2003 7:55:02 PM EDT
I recently fired a full auto AR that only had an 11.5" upper and boy was it loud. The owner of the gun provides firearms for movie sets and I must admit firing a chopped down AR was fun but it was exceptionally loud which gets to my question. I currently have a 20" HBAR on my pre-ban Colt and I've been considering a a 16" bushmaster upper. Is the 16" upper that much louder than a 20"?. I've found that my 20" barrel doesn't make that much more noise than a .357 magnum. Anybody know the answer to this?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Its louder but not that much louder.  Does that answer your question? LOL!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive got an 11.5" upper and a 5.5" flash. If I shoot at our indoor range I sometimes get a look from the shooter next to me., Never a sneer just checkin out what I am shooting. I also shoot a Kimber Pro Carry w/ earplugs only. Cant do that with my short AR.. Too loud..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top