Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2003 7:23:09 PM EDT
Want to change the telestock on my Oly from the old rattletrap to a M4 or three position aluminum (old Colt style). Never removed one before. Pretty easy? Thanks in advance for any help.. John
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Very easy.

You will need a telestock wrench(widely available for about $6).

Loosen the locking ring---be careful not to lose the spring and detent pin from the back of the receiver. The rear locking plate hold this in place and they, in turn, hold the rear push pin in place within the lower rec.

Then you can unscrew the entire assembly from the back of the rec. Done.
However, while doing this be careful not to lose the buffer detent pin and spring. These can really fly.

Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Of course don't forget to remove the buffer and spring first. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds good, easier than I thought, any recommendations on where to get a Colt style tele? I believe the stock portion was powder coated aluminum..
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
There are numerous options.

Hoplite has the Colt 4 pos, new style for $160. Typical Colt ripoff.

Bushmaster and Rock River Arms have basically same for $90-100 IIRC and these are 6 position. I have 2 colt's and a bushy. not really any signif difference that I can appreciate. DPMS has cheaper and you might try Kieslers. I think they still sell DPMS stuff.

There are other aftermarket stocks out there. Some are pretty damn cheesy, to be honest.

You can also get them in a variety of colors if you are interested in tan or green, etc.

I am selling a  like new 4 pos telestock, old style on the equip exchange for $40 shipped--it is green. Solid stock.

I would think about looking there first if I were you. I think there were some pretty good deals on what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Will do.. Thanks!.. John
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Just in case you didn't notice, click on this:

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=165945[/url]

I'd be all over this if I were you. Hell, this is such a good deal I'm tempted to pick up one or two more myself.

edited to add: Make sure stock is newer style. I think you'll want that. If not, legal-transfers on the equip exchange has a damn fine deal also on a 6 pos RRA CAR stock, new style, with no manufacturer markings--$76 shipped!

Damn, where were these guys when I needed a CAR stock??!!!!

Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought the old aluminum ones rattled a lot?  Just hearsay since I have never had one.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I thought the old aluminum ones rattled a lot?  Just hearsay since I have never had one.
View Quote

gmtmaster,
Agreed. Definitely go with the poly/fiberite stock...You'll be glad you did.

And ask these guys if they have a telestock wrench. You'll save more than a few bucks on shipping.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Jeez, thanks for all the help. Im gonna do a new fiberlite something. Either OEM look or M4.. Thanks again..
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 12:33:14 AM EDT
[#10]
 The 6 pos. RRA stocks are REALLY sweet...I love mine.  CAV arms is coming out with some new 6 pos. M4 stocks that are also very nice.....the molds are gorgeous and the finished product is REALLY clean.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:30:27 AM EDT
[#11]
If you're going w/one of the aftermarket brands, last time I looked; Bushie, Rock River, J&T, DPMS, and probably some others were ALL selling exactly the same stocks, made by the same contractor out of the same material----so get the one that's least expensive[:D].

The only diiference in any of them is the brand ID in the lower corner, and Pete in NH will now sell you one that doesn't have a brand ID showing.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:33:20 AM EDT
[#12]
 True....BUT :  CAV Arms is making their own on their own molds.  As I recall they are NOT putting a munufacturer's logo on them either...could be wrong there though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top