Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2003 4:18:52 PM EDT
While cleaning my AR today I noticed that I seem to have a mark/scoring in the barrel about halfway down on one of the lands.  It is a chrome lined barrel with about 1,000 rounds through it.  I don't know what could have caused this.  Has anyone else ever seen this?  For what its worth, it is a Bushmaster XM15 shorty.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Without seeing the thing first hand, I can only give you two educated guess possibilities:

1)Something got into the barrel that left the scratch.  Since I assume it's a chrome lined piece, the scratch would most likely be surface only, and not affect accuracy

2) It's an imperfection in the chrome lining itself, and might be the start of the lining peeling at that point.  Very rare, but it does happen.

Keep an eye on it for awhile. If it tends to fade somewhat as you use the piece, it's probably 1).  If it gets more noticable and larger as use fire more rounds, you may be looking at 2).  If so, I'd contact Bushie about having them take a look at it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it the gasport?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top