Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/7/2003 8:18:03 AM EDT
I am a firearms and tactics instructor for my agency, we are looking to get away from using a stand alone shotgun for breeching, we have the mounts that allow an 870 to be fitted under our m4's, but this adds alot of weight. I know there is a weapon system that mounts under the barrel, and is appears to be a 12ga bolt action gun. I saw it 2 years ago at Trexpo east, and recently in the movie the one with jet li. If you have any information please email or post here.
thanks
green
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Knight's Armament makes one.  Their web site seems to be down right now though.

I have seen these from 2 different companies.  BOTH used Remington 870 AOWs (short barrel shotgun).  I don't see how a bolt action shotgun could work, since the bolt would not be able to move back into the AR15 reciever...

Found a few other links though...

[url]http://www.impactguns.com/store/product298.html[/url]

[url]http://www.impactguns.com/store/knights_masterkey.html[/url]

What kind of mount is it that you already have?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#2]
One thing about Knights website... Its not Knights website, its a cyber squatter trying to get Knights to pay him for the rights to the name.

That said. Do you mean those shottys that mount like a M203? Somtehing like this [url]http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/1400/1408.htm[/url] right? That is a Knights Armament Company M4 Masterkey a "door opening device" lol.

Unfortunately I cant find one for sale anywhere. You might want to try calling [url=www.impactguns.com]Impact Guns[/url]. They might be able to special order one but its gonna cost ya... alot.

Ill try to find one for ya though...

[edited to add] Shadow you beat me to it. Had to get some work done halfway through posting. lol.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]
GREENMACHINE1

I used to be in your same shoes... and from real world experience would like to try to talk you out of this...

You are very correct about the under belly 870 rig, way too much weight... but the single shot is a single shot -- trust me on this, when you are looking at a door with multiple locks or going for the hinges (my favorite), you really want the speed of a pump gun.

I finally went with a short pump (I like at least a 3 round tube), some guys carried it in a thigh rig, but I used a back pouch. We used a piece of automobile heater hose clamped to the bore for a stand off. The odd man (door man) was the third one in (plenty of time to stash the gun), I liked 3 breaching rounds, followed by one ferret round at the end... always nice to finish the show with!

The gun can be reloaded if you encounter an interior obstruction and is nice for vehicle stops as well... To each his own, and I am not sure what type of environment you are working in. I have noticed that a training camp will rarely use the same quality of doors that you will find in real life -- But then there is always the harpoon and JetAxe... Ummmm explosive entry!

Anyway... just my 0.02, be safe!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#4]
There is an ad in EE right now for two ciener
870 kits with pictures.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Colt/C-More LSS (Lightweight Shotgun System).

Can't seem to find any pics, but that's what you're talking about.

IIRC, it's sub-3 lbs

Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
One thing about Knights website... Its not Knights website, its a cyber squatter trying to get Knights to pay him for the rights to the name.

That said. Do you mean those shottys that mount like a M203? Somtehing like this [url]http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/1400/1408.htm[/url] right? That is a Knights Armament Company M4 Masterkey a "door opening device" lol.

Unfortunately I cant find one for sale anywhere. You might want to try calling [url=www.impactguns.com]Impact Guns[/url]. They might be able to special order one but its gonna cost ya... alot.

[edited to add] Shadow you beat me to it. Had to get some work done halfway through posting. lol.
View Quote

ZRH, squatter or not do you have that Knight's link ??  I crashed my drive a few months back and that's another that I lost.  (Of course I didn't back up the damn thing !!)
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

ZRH, squatter or not do you have that Knight's link ??  I crashed my drive a few months back and that's another that I lost.  (Of course I didn't back up the damn thing !!)
View Quote

5subslr5, I don't know if this is what you are sking for or not.

http://www.knightsarmament.com/

Remember this is a squatter site as said above, aka, get rich quick dick. Not Knights official web site.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

IIRC, it's sub-3 lbs

View Quote

I thought the LSS was just finalized this year... If one is in a position to get it, then I guess it would be cool.

[img]www.gunzilla.com/images/lss.jpg[/img]

Edited for a better pic of the system as tested.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Green, you might also try www.mr40mm.com from what I've seen of the underbarrel shotgun setups there basicly a M203 reciever with special mounts from the shotgun. If I'm wrong someone correct me.

Glockdog

Airborne!!

edit to ad basicly
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#10]
the colt system is exactly what i am talking about, they had it at trexpo, and i can't seem to find the brochure. thanks for the help guys. i think this will work great, with the magazine, we can use it as a breeching and less lethal system....thanks
green
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

IIRC, it's sub-3 lbs

View Quote

Hey are these AOWs by law? I might be interested in one. lol.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#12]
i have no idea, my department has been trying to demo ever since the Trexpo. Apparently, the military is eating up what very little production there is right now.

If they are AOW, i'd definitely price one for "enhancement of personal collection" purposes. [}:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top