Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/4/2003 1:45:52 PM EDT
Even after all the research, I'm still a bit ignorant on the subject of free floating forearms and I need your help.

I purchased a very good condition Arm. National Match upper but have no real interest in match shooting. This will be a plinking/target rifle. I am trying to lighten up things a little so I will have Kurt turn the barrel down to Gov. profile and then I want to replace the DCM forearm with a light weight floating forearm. I don't have any need for accessories so rails are not necessary. I will add a bipod stud and I may want to add a rail to the bottom of the forearm later. I do want the forearm to be sturdy but light as possible.

The KA Grip looks good in pictures but how does it hold up? How about the C More Quad Rail? One problem I have is not having any access to different accessories I'm looking for. So pictures, my judgement and your insight is what I have to go on. I'm open to any and all suggestions on this subject.

Also, while keeping one of the small peeps, I drilled the other peep as a large ghost ring similar to the BM peep. Makes for a really nice dual purpose sight

Thanks,
Matt  
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The closest thing I could suggest would be a hiperform Ultra-light FF handguard. They are a one-piece handguard with an aluminum barrel nut and carbon fiber tube.  They are very light and durable. Mounting rails and studs are not a problem with them, but they are not indexable so if you did it, it would have to stay with one rifle.

[url]www.hiperform.com[/url]

Here's a pic of the carbine version.
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/040100.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Ridge,

Could you explain the indexing thing?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top