Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2003 1:18:09 PM EDT
I bought an LEO Armalite LEM15A2 for duty use.  I didn't realize or notice until I started looking for accessories that I have the doggonned mid-length forarm which precludes the possibility of getting a forearm with built-in rails--SIR, ARMS, etc.

My question is...what can I do, short of buying a new upper?  BTW...the forearm is wider at the chamber end and narrower at the muzzle end, so I seems that if I mount an accessory rail, anything I mount on the rail will probably be at an angle.

Your input is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Go over to the industry section and talk with the guys at Cav Arms.  They should have their 'C6' handguards (they are the right length for your rifle - but have no taper so you can add rails w/o problems).

KAC did make some mid length Free Float RAS systems.  They don't make them anymore but Wes at [url]www.MSTN.biz[/url] still has a few in inventory as of 01 Jun; they were even on sale for $350.  BTW I've done business with Wes and he is a great guy to order from - turn around is VERY quick.

Otherwise you wait till ARMS releases their ARMS #58 SIR which is designed for your type of upper.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#2]
ARMS makes a mid-length SIR system, #58,  Wes and Paul over at http://www.mstn.biz/ has them.  That if you know you want to go the ARMS route.  If you want the standard CAR length, handguard, you could swap barrel assemblies, or uppers.  rrel assemblies will cost less and I'd be willing to take that mid-length barel off of your hands, if its chrome lined.  In fact if you want an even trade, I've got a 16" Busmaster 1/9", w/ the gas tube and handguards for it, fired very few times, under 100 rnds and taken off rifle.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow!  Thanks Forest, tremendous help.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Appreciate the offer SULACO2 but my barrel has flash hider.  I'm not ready to change out just yet.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry forgot to add that, it's a Pre-Ban.  Try the mid length, then, I'm sre ou'll like it, or you could re-sell, if you don't like it.  Offer stands.  LOLk, SUL2
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks SULACO2.  If I change my mind, I'll keep you in mind.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Armalite is supposed to have a forearm rail system out within the next 30-60 days. I heard it is similar to the First Samco but don't know that for certain.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Armalite is supposed to have a forearm rail system out within the next 30-60 days. I heard it is similar to the First Samco but don't know that for certain.
View Quote

Yep - the non FF rail is due to ship the end of this month and the FF (SPR-2) should begin to ship the end of July.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top