Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 1:37:31 PM EDT
I saw an ad for S. african .223. Is this stuff any good? I have heard a lot of discussion on wolf both good and bad. I tried it and had feeding problems. I tried different mags and had no problems with the Winchester in the same clips.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used that ammo and it works just fine.But I haven't seen it around lately.Are you talking about ammo packs of S.African ammo?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It's decent stuff, better than some.  SA 7.62x51 is good ammo too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used a lot of it, and in fact, have about 2000 rounds of it now.  It has functioned flawlessly.  Not only that, being Berdan primed, I don't even bother policing my brass, because it is not reloadable with my Dillon.  Too bad the supply of this stuff is drying up.  Probably the best "bargain priced" ammo ever.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats just about all I shoot, love the stuff.. Its relatively clean, inexpensve and shoots great. Im an my third case and have not had one FTF..
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:46:39 AM EDT
[#5]
It is probably the best practice ammo around, but the supply is about exhausted.

I'm down to about 3k on it.  It's gonna suck when I have to start dishing out the cash for Q3131A.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:38:46 AM EDT
[#6]
My local supplier here has tons of that stuff. 55gr FMJ. I use it all the time in my preban Colt AR. Never had a jam or misfire. The ammo is decent too. I group on average little less than an inch at 50 yds with a cheapie scope, the tapco 4x.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Good stuff.  Most of what was on the line at Urban Rifle II week before last was South African and it all worked well.  I shot over 1200 rounds as did my two partners.  No problems.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the sealed 300 round packages it comes in, worth keeping sealed in my opinion

and notice we do have an ammo forum... =\
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top