Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2003 12:39:24 PM EDT
In the last five years, over one half of the gun stores near me have closed! One that I used the most closed three years ago to buy the business next door - a lawn mower sales and repair shop. He said he was tired of the legal hassles. Since that time several more have bit the dust.

Now there are only two stores near me that sell AR's. I stopped at one to price a new gun. Every model was at full retail! He wouldn't even discuss a deal. I thanked him and went on my way.

I did notice that his prices on guns that were also sold at Gander Mountain were competitive but Gander wouldn't sell ARs so he is out to screw us on those models.

I guess that I will either have to hit the gun show circuit or buy off the Internet with a local pawn shop FFL ($15 fee.) However, I did like buying local.

Just had to vent.

Philip
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#1]
you have to relieze that gun stores have a lot of overhead, to stay in businesss they can't sell the guns for the same price they buy them for......no business will last a month doing that. the bargains are found on the internet, and to a certain extent gun shows. but those are far and few. RRA has some excellent ARs at very reasonable prices, and the quality is just as good as the the ARMALITE, BUSHMASTER, and COLT.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#2]
One thing a lot of people do not think about is the cost of insurance and the risk of stupid civil action. I know two friends that in the last year or so have dropped their manufactures license and make only uppers and accesories... just cost too much otherwise.

Recent decisions regarding liability of the manufacturer and seller have created some wiggle room, but overall it is still pretty scary at times.

Guess I am just ranting too... but it seems old Billy was RIGHT!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top