Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/2/2003 11:33:15 AM EDT
I have a sporter A1 and am looking to get a carbine buffer & spring for a telescoping stock. I think it is dpms has them but they say A2. I there a difference? Where can I get them at a good price?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I think that if you are going to use a current production (newer style) telestock that the dpms should work just fine.  I bought one of their car buffers and springs and they work well.  If you are using a vintage sporter (original style) collapsing stock you may run into problems, I don't know.  With the fixed stocks there is an a1 and a2 version but I'm pretty sure that they use the same full size buffer and spring.  I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I would buy it from dpms, they seem to be good quality.  The generic one that I had to replace came apart in the stock tube while I was firing.  It could have caused more damage than it did but I still had to replace several parts.  Go with dpms
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#3]
A2 buffer & spring should be the full-length items (and are identical to the ones used on the A1 buttstock - as in the M16A1).

There is a heavier buffer now for the CAR/M4 telestocks but it should work fine in your older CAR stock.  Buffer & spring for the telestock system are obviously shorter than the buffer & spring used in the A2 stock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top