Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2003 9:00:55 PM EDT
I see a lot of complete old style collapsibles on Ebay, what's up with the abundance of these?Are these good solid stocks, or are they cheapo rattle traps?

I know the stock that came on my Preban Eagle Arms was a cheapo 3 position that rattled horribly even when locked in place.

Just wondering if these stocks are for real.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Old style isnt comfortable, the new M4 style is very nice.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Both. The first one I got off eBay is great, solid tube (anodized), fairly tight/quiet stock. The second one I got, different vendor, was a complete rattle trap, and the tube(painted) was so  cheap it actually broke through the threads while shooting it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a vendor on Ebay I could look for one of these stocks?

Sounds like you got a nice deal
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll have to go read through my feedback postings to find it, it was about 8 mos. ago.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#5]
For the most part they are cheapos with plastic buffers.

I forget who was selling them for $29 Looks like some people stocked up and are selling them on ebay.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Many of them are made in China.  My brother in law bought one, absolute junk.

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I surf E-Bay regularly and see very few ORIGINAL METAL COLT retractable stocks.  Most people that do sell them don't know what they have and don't list them properly.  I was able to pick up three this way ($95-$135) and turned two of them for a good profit.  There are alot of phony ones out there on E-Bay but the early Colt stocks really stand out if a decent picture is taken.  The stock is plastic coated metal with a black gloss finish.  I have all three types of the Colt retractable stocks and the older metal ones feel the most solid.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#8]
well I brought mine on ebay... heheh, scoff!! box came in and open up. and label on box said made in china... thats cruel!!   [shock]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
well I brought mine on ebay... heheh, scoff!! box came in and open up. and label on box said made in china... thats cruel!!   [shock]
View Quote

Well how's it doing? Seem pretty sturdy, does it rattle excessively?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#10]
My $29.00 cheapo rattles pretty good.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#11]
IT  IS NEW IN SEALED PLASTIC BAG WITH SPARE SPRING..LOOKS GOOD AND STURDY. GOT IT FOR 30 DOLLARS. DONT KNOW ABOUT PART, ILL HAVE TO LOOK UP THAT LATER ITS HIDDEN AROUND THE HOUSE.
OH BTW IT NEEDS RUBBER PAD...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top