Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/31/2003 12:20:17 PM EDT
I have a preban Colt R6830 7.62 x 39.  I've not fired it much (half dozen times).  What is the general opinion of this configuration?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Pain in the butt to get high cap magazines that are actually reliable from what I can tell.

I also wonder about some of the questionable quality 7.62x39mm ammo with the AR15 "s**ts where it eats" gas system.

If I had a 7.62x39mm AR15 I'd ditch the 7.62x39 barrel and screw on a 6mm PPC barrel(6mm PPC being developed from 7.62x39mm or 220Russian brass), one of the most popular bench rest chamberings out there.   But I'm an accuracy and long range nut who wouldn't mind having something that uses not so common ammo that I had to handload.

Maybe if the AW ban sunsets we can finally get some manufacturers out there who are willing to try to design some GOOD high cap mags for 7.62x39mm AR15s.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I also wonder about some of the questionable quality 7.62x39mm ammo with the AR15 "s**ts where it eats" gas system.

Maybe if the AW ban sunsets we can finally get some manufacturers out there who are willing to try to design some GOOD high cap mags for 7.62x39mm AR15s.
View Quote

I think that getting them to function is not a problem because of the highly tapered case.  So I think ammo is not a problem.  That is just what I have heard.

High capacity aluminum drop free, meaning pushbutton, magazines would be nice.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top