Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/30/2003 8:12:25 AM EDT
Here is some comparson photos with Duck bill and ambi Egro.

Duck bill and Textured Battlegrip

Ambi Egro and Battlegrip

Personally I always find the Hogue grip and the fobus grip or any style grip with finger groove and thumb rest to be a big minus when it is installed on a fast reaction rifle.  the thumb rest will hinder any weak side transition and the finger groove are usually tough on grip change and transition from hand to hand under stress.  

The new Tangodown grips are the best grip I have used so far.  Duckbill used to be my favotite, but the battlegrip with the battery compartment, and a nicer palm swell sure makes a difference. I did not think the texture was a big deal, at least not until I laid my hands on them, it is definitely a big plus to the design.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#1]
All your rifles look like they should be shooting lasers instead of bullets.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
All your rifles look like they should be shooting lasers instead of bullets.
View Quote

Don't mess with him, dude.  He looks PROGRESSIVE.  [:o)]

Dave S

SMBLee,kewl pics, time to start doing that to an AR-10!  
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Do the Battlegrips improve the trigger reach at all?  

I see you have the Tac latch on all your charging handles.  I've always been told to stay away from those since they are prone to snagging on stuff, like your clothing if the rifle is slung across your chest.  I'm assuming you don't have that problem, eh?

Nice lookin' floor btw [;)]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#4]
SMGLee,

Sweet pics!  I've been wondering about the new Battlegrip, it looks like one may be in my future!

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do the Battlegrips improve the trigger reach at all?  
View Quote

It does not improve the trigger reach as do the Fobus or the Ergo, but if you need a precision shot, just move your hand down the grip and the grip reach problem will be solved.  
Quoted:
I see you have the Tac latch on all your charging handles.  I've always been told to stay away from those since they are prone to snagging on stuff, like your clothing if the rifle is slung across your chest.  I'm assuming you don't have that problem, eh?

Nice lookin' floor btw [;)]
View Quote

No snagging problem, I have used the gun with LBT chest rig, Eagle vest, Point balnk armor, and also SOTech Mid riff center split rig, I have not had anything caught on it.  I have been thinking about upgrading my latch to the PRI latch, but it has low priority at this time.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top