Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/30/2003 7:28:39 AM EDT
I have a Bushmaster Varmint Special that I use for prairie dog hunting and long range target practice.  I'd rather not use it when my friends and I go plinking, so I was thinking of either building another AR or getting another upper for my bushy.  What do you guys think?  It would be mainly for shooting lots of surplus ammo and never required to be terribly accurate.  I've never used iron sights on an AR, but I think I could handle it, so I don't care if it's a flattop or A2 upper.  

Of course I know two guns are better than one, but try telling that to my wife.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#1]
The cheapest I've found apart from building one up myself from used or "super-sale" parts gathered one at a time is [url=http://www.model1sales.com/] Model 1 Sales[/url].

The assembled uppers with bolt/carrier are only about $40 cheaper than an entire kit (think spare parts!)

Cheers, Otto
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The cheapest I've found apart from building one up myself from used or "super-sale" parts gathered one at a time is [url=http://www.model1sales.com/] Model 1 Sales[/url].

The assembled uppers with bolt/carrier are only about $40 cheaper than an entire kit (think spare parts!)

Cheers, Otto[/quote

Agreed, and they are good quality too. I have 2 Model 1 rifle kits on RRA receivers, At first I wasn't real happy, thought they were a little to tight, But after about 60 rds they broke in real well.  look good too.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Get another Bushy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top