Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/29/2003 7:58:18 PM EDT
HI,

I say this as I have a AR15 and like it very much, but if I were to buy another rifle I think I would really take a long look at DSA,SA58 Tactical Carbine.I am sure many here have seen this rifle, but I have just started to look into it lately.The rifle weights 8.25 lbs, it has adjustable match rear peep sights and adjustable post front sight. It has a rail system on top or reciever so puting optics on and off no problem, the cost for all this is 1,475.00, that is not bad considering all you get with this rifle . You can get a duracoat  in any cammo.I have no experience with DSA or there rifles so maybe someone with more experience than I can fill me in.And I am wondering on the accuracy of there rifles? Thanks,Kev
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 3 FALs, but unfortunately, none are DSAs.  Everyone I know who has a DSA loves it, and they're supposed to be very accurate...much more so than my kit guns.  I can tell you, though, the short barreled ones are UNGODLY loud hehehe...went to the range with a guy who had just gotten a DSA shorty upper...the muzzle blast was nasty...sitting slightly behind him to call the shot impact was like getting hit in the head with a rubber mallet every time he fired hehehe.  I was surprised how nice it felt when I fired it myself...no louder than any of my rifles.  

The DSAs are pretty much the Cadallac of the FAL world outside of an original...I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you get it.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't speak about the DSA (no experince) but can vouch for the FAL series.  Bought a Springfield SAR-48 Bush rifle (fix stock, 18" bbl) sometime in the mid 80s and love it.  Mounted a 2.5x scope and drop a whitetail at 300m one evening in 89'.  Would love to get the new forearm from DSA.  Also had a Belgium FAL full auto for a few short years when stationed overseas.  Heard alot of good things about DSA.

De Oppresso Liber
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#3]
HI,

Like I said I am just looking for now, but FENIAN how far out would there tactical  hit. The barrel is 16.25 and I am wondering how this shorter barrel would  effect its range, with a short barrel like this? Thanks,Kev
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#4]
You will loose 50 FPS for each inch under 20" in 7.62x51. As long as you keep the barrel at 16" you should be good out to 300 yards. Anything under 16" is a waste of 7.62x51 or .308.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I came close to buying a DSA.  If I could have bought a Class III Bird I would've done so.  Saw a SA-58 at the range once.  I was impressed with how easy it was to clean, it’s accuracy, handling and so on.
But the only Class III around at the time was a Heavy Barrel variant priced about $4,000 more than I thought it was worth.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a shotgun then!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I had my first DSA STG58, ended up trading it off for something I really wanted at a serious profit after a while....Missed her SO bad I bought another one, and she aint going NOWHERE!

She is one fine lady, great manicure, GREAT SHOOTER!. You cant go wrong with a DSA. Sales, quality or service. Great choice!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You will loose 50 FPS for each inch under 20" in 7.62x51. As long as you keep the barrel at 16" you should be good out to 300 yards. Anything under 16" is a waste of 7.62x51 or .308.
View Quote

Not to mention extra expensive to own, if your state even allows it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top