Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/29/2003 7:10:48 PM EDT
I placed an order for a 1200 round case of IMI M855 ammunition ($308.00 shipped) from Botach (www.botach.com) before I read this and several other scathing threads regarding this company:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=160850

Here is the progress of my order to date:

2003-05-27:

- called to verify stock
- faxed order
- called to verify that order was received
- verified that credit card was billed

2003-05-28:

- sent e-mail requesting tracking number

2003-05-29:

- no response from previous day's e-mail request
- called to request tracking number, was told to call back in 30 minutes
- called back in 30 minutes, obtained tracking number
- order was shipped on 2003-05-27
- shipment is due 2003-06-04

I'm not suggesting one way or the other that Botach is either a good or bad retailer - their track record with AR-15.com members speaks for itself.  I just want to share my experience.  I can only attribute it to the fact that I took steps to stay on top of them and that my order is a simple case of ammunition.

It's not over yet - I haven't received my shipment and I won't know that they sent me the correct item until then...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Not knocking on bwilliams at all- but why work so hard for something you have to pay cold, hard cash for?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have ordered three times from them and all three times got exactly what I ordered in a very timely fashion. I know others have posted about problems but so far I've been very fortunate and am quite happy so far.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not knocking on bwilliams at all- but why work so hard for something you have to pay cold, hard cash for?
View Quote

No knock taken, and quite frankly, you're absolutely correct.

These days I've come to expect a simple and secure ordering process, instant order confirmation, and tracking information within 24 hours.

Problem is that Botach is the only licensed importer of IMI ammunition in North America.  Knowing that an order with Botach is a veritable crap shoot I wanted to do my part to ensure a smooth order.

Definitely a PITA...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I have ordered nine times from them with no problems.  Whenever possible I try to deal with Efraim at Botach.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#5]
In fairness to the truth I will say the one time I placed an order with BOTOX for [b]IMI Ammunition[/b] only, it went well as could be.

But...this one positive incident in a virtual sea of anger (two of my other orders which are part of this "sea") in no way exonorates the bungling idiots of their obscene business practices. The countless unfavorable testimonials speak for themselves.

Once again, here just two of the many very good reasons to NOT spend a dollar with Botach.com:

* Botach is the most underserving of your money when there are so many others that will bend over backwards to please you

* As stated above already, why court a royal P.I.T.A. just to ensure you get what you pay for?

[b]bwilliams[/b] I understand the predicament when you need IMI and Botach is the only current importer. That may change soon as the good folks in Israel - I would think - are getting wind of the shitstorm caused by their sole importerin the USA. I will suggest there are private individual sellers of M855 on the auctions and other BBs. For M193 Ammoman.com sells Win. Q3131A which is identical to the IMI labeled ammo. Beware the "ghost UPS tracking number" as happened to [b]criley[/b]!
Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:04:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I've ordered from Botach several times, including one case of IMI M855. Every order was one phone call, except the ammo that required  one fax. Not a single problem, everything was shipped quickly with zero problems. I still can't figure out what "bwilliams" is complaining about:
(1.) order placed 05/27
(2.) order shipped 05/27- what's the problem?

Big deal, you didn't get an email response as fast as you would have liked and you had to call twice to get your tracking number. You placed an order and they shipped it the same day, how can you complain about that? I agree with "Orange_Neck", your working way to hard for one case of ammo. I count that you've made 5 phone calls, 2 emails, and a FAX. Way too much work. You ordered it, they shipped it. Now if it takes two weeks to arrive, then you've got something to complain about.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:57:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Now if it takes two weeks to arrive, then you've got something to complain about.
View Quote

Why? What are you ordering that is critical? With Botach it can be 2 days or 2 weeks; or after 2 weeks you might get an email that they are out of stock. I order stuff from them and then get on with my life. If I need it right now I order it somewhere else, but I don't need ammo or batteries "RIGHT NOW".
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:52:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've ordered from Botach several times, including one case of IMI M855. Every order was one phone call, except the ammo that required  one fax. Not a single problem, everything was shipped quickly with zero problems. I still can't figure out what "bwilliams" is complaining about:
(1.) order placed 05/27

Big deal, you didn't get an email response as fast as you would have liked and you had to call twice to get your tracking number. You placed an order and they shipped it the same day, how can you complain about that? I agree with "Orange_Neck", your working way to hard for one case of ammo. I count that you've made 5 phone calls, 2 emails, and a FAX. Way too much work. You ordered it, they shipped it. Now if it takes two weeks to arrive, then you've got something to complain about.
View Quote

You really should re-read bwilliams post. He wasn't complaining, he was posting his experience with Botach, a vendor who has had a history of problems. Since Botach is sole-source for IMI, their performance is important to a number of members who prefer IMI ammo. Unfortunately, all the phone calls & emails are required when dealing with Botach. If you do a search on them, you'll find a number of threads detailing the reasons this type 'attention' is required when placing an order with them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I've never had a problem with Botach.
They have some very good prices.
I always call to see if the item I want is in stock, and ready to ship.
If it is, I place my order.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you "neilfj", but I don't think I need to read anything again. I took the post to be slightly "negative" at least. It seems by the other replies that several other people took it the same way. Did you bother to read my reply? I don't need to have Botach.com history explained to me. I HAVE ordered from Botach before. Trust me I have no love for Botach, but I haven't had any problems either. I still don't get the point of the post. It implies a problem ( for what I assume to be a first time custumer), when so far thier isn't one.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Did anyone ever not get their IMI ammo?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
(1.) order placed 05/27

View Quote

Actually, sir, I am not complaining in the least - just updating the group on my experience and what the time frames are.  I made 4 phone calls, 1 fax (required) and one e-mail.  The point of my post?  Simply to inform everyone that my ammunition order from Botach is going well.  Botach has received so much negative press on this board that I felt I would share a positive as contrast.  I'm sorry if I came off negative - I meant only to be detailed.

Sure, probably too much work, but as a first-time customer and given their track record, I believe this level of attention is warranted.

Next order from Botach?  I'll probably relax a bit...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#13]
To me ordering from Botach is like going to Vegas.  Some people will win and some people will lose.

I've spent alot (to me anyway) of money with them, and I haven't had anything other than minor problems that aren't worth detailing.

If they have something I want for cheap enough, I buy from them.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I received my order today - one day early.

Thanks, Botach!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top