Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/29/2003 5:35:42 PM EDT
Can someone explain to me exactly what a flash suppressor does?  I guess it suppresses flash but what exactly does that mean?  Also why is it illegal when at my best guess it doesn't do anything specatcular.  Finally why does it being illegal make me want one even though I have no clue what it does?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can someone explain to me exactly what a flash suppressor does?  I guess it suppresses flash but what exactly does that mean?
View Quote

While some FS, Phantom and Vortex, are excellent at eliminating muzzle flash, the true issue is to divert the muzzle flash so that it doesn't "blind" the operator, and allow for quicker follow up shots.
 Also why is it illegal when at my best guess it doesn't do anything specatcular.  Finally why does it being illegal make me want one even though I have no clue what it does?
View Quote

Because "Flash Suppressor" sounds scary and evil! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Flash suppressor?

I always thought that was a man's raincoat that was difficult to unbutton...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Flash suppressor?  Never heard of it.  All my sport utility rifles have illumination reducers. [;)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top